Whoo Hoo its out.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Whirliebird

Whoo Hoo its out.

#1 Post by Whirliebird »

Its out, WHOO HOO :jump:

I went for my check up last night and my TPA was removed, OH JOY to finally feel the roof of my mouth after 12 months feels sooooooo good.

I can now eat pasta and salad much easier without it getting wrapped around and chocking me :lol:

I am so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

I'm telling my friends but they don't understand, i know archwired buddies who have ever had one will know how happy i am now. Just had to share with you.... :D
Damon 3's top and bottom

michael33

Re: Whoo Hoo its out.

#2 Post by michael33 »

Whirliebird wrote:Its out, WHOO HOO :jump:

I went for my check up last night and my TPA was removed, OH JOY to finally feel the roof of my mouth after 12 months feels sooooooo good.

I can now eat pasta and salad much easier without it getting wrapped around and chocking me :lol:

I am so HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY.

I'm telling my friends but they don't understand, i know archwired buddies who have ever had one will know how happy i am now. Just had to share with you.... :D
I feel your happiness, I just had mine removed after 4 months!

CLAmom

#3 Post by CLAmom »

Can anyone tell me if the TPA was particularly hard to get used to in the first place? My 12 year old daughter is scheduled to receive one soon and she is very sensitive. She has a friend or two who has had to have one and is putting up a brave face but I am concerned about how well she will tolerate it. Any advice? Thank you.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Whirliebird

#4 Post by Whirliebird »

I'd just like to agree with everything Lucyloop said, when its in you cope with it, i'm sure she'll be fine.

But when it comes out you are so gratefull.

I specifically asked for it to be taken out, My ortho was ready to send me on my way when i asked if i could have it taken out, so he checked and out it came..... :lol:

i would suggest that others with TPA's do ask there ortho, and don't just put up with it because he hasn't thought to take it out, after all its not in his mouth - He's not aware of how it feels for you.

Anyway thanks to everyone who shared my joy.
Damon 3's top and bottom

fins

#5 Post by fins »

Good for you! I was released from my appliance (what a surprise) and I know how you feel. :D
fins

bajanrose

#6 Post by bajanrose »

GRATS!!! I had mine in for 7 months, so happy when it was removed...but now I have a nance, but I forget that's there too lol
TPA (July 27th 05 - Feb 28th 06)7 months 1 day!
Nance (March 1st - Jan 31st 07)

After a total of 22 months and 12 days, I am braces free!