UK people - do braces exist past 26?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Dee

#16 Post by Dee »

Hi Soo,
I am 43 with braces. A friend with whom I shared an office had braces (she would have been about 35) and there is one woman who works in one of our local shops (about 25) with braces. So a few of us down in the Salisbury area.
Dee

kel

#17 Post by kel »

Me too!!!

I am 24 with braces in the North west although I keep getting id'd... :roll:

tractorgirl

#18 Post by tractorgirl »

I havent spotted any yet, but going to keep my eyes open :shock: lol

Crowded Mouth

#19 Post by Crowded Mouth »

I was walking back to work today at lunch time and I noticed a guy talking and laughing as he walked passed me... not laughing at me.. haha. He was about 35 and had a full set of metal brackets... I havent seen many adults with metal brackets... dont you just want to smile when you see them or say something but I am afraid they might think I am weird!! (typically british) haha.. :oops:

Mel-UK

#20 Post by Mel-UK »

Hi just found this thread. Count me in - mid thirties and in the UK. One of the nurses at my Orth's has them too and someone I'm doing a course with said she got hers off a year ago or so. Mel
Damon3 upper & lowers
plus bite turbos on upper front teeth and one elastic closing a gap on front lower teeth and one closing a gap on upper front teeth. Elastics on hooks both sides.

Natalie

#21 Post by Natalie »

i live in staffordshire and have so far had 4 extractions and got an upper removable appliance yesterday, not liking it much but only have to have it 3-6 months then get ceramics top and bottom (which i am actually excited about!) - so add me too!

AVFC_UK

#22 Post by AVFC_UK »

Live in midlands turn 26 years of age next month - coincidently also getting braces fitted around the same time. :(

More info here...

viewtopic.php?t=10216

bambulka

#23 Post by bambulka »

I am reallhy surprised you haven't seen that many people with braces. I live in London and I've seen loads of people with braces. Maybe it's because it's a big city and more people live here but there are many people out there with braces! I am thinking about having mine done - haven't plucked up enough courage yet to do it but getting there!

Alison

#24 Post by Alison »

True...

Ive not seen many people in the UK but I have seen a few! I had braces fitted at 38....it didnt bother me at all! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BRACED - 21ST JUNE 2004
BRACE REMOVED- 11TH APRIL 2005
STARTED WEARING A RETAINER - 14TH APRIL 2005
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Duffle

#25 Post by Duffle »

I'm 34, live in London and have had braces for over a year. At least 3 people I used to work with have had braces. And I've seen loads of people out and about wearing braces. Though mainly women, far fewer men:)

littleshaddies

#26 Post by littleshaddies »

I am 26 and had mine for...hmmm.....let me post so I can see the ticker.....So far I have seen 3 other passers by in Surrey having the metal braces. I think that is why I noticed them in the first place. Anyway since my hand started suffering the carpal tunnel syndrome I have kind of forgoten for a while that I am wearing braces myself. :lol:
But yeah, who was adding up there, add these up too....
***can't wait to bite into an aple***
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Spangled

#27 Post by Spangled »

I'm 35 and have braces (ceramics upper and lower) and live in London. So you're not alone!

On a slight tangent, this story makes me smile:

England played the US in a football friendly last year in Chicago. There was a lot of good-humoured banter between the fans, giving each other a bit of stick. A few fans had banners and T-shirts with various insults written on them.

But easily the best bit of heckling came from the American fans who continuously chanted: "We have dentists!". Now *that's* smart heckling!

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/news/story/ ... 87,00.html

Dark_angel

#28 Post by Dark_angel »

I felt that i had to join in with the rest of you guys from the UK. Im almost 18 and i've got braces and i saw two adults at my ortho the other day one was about 40 and the other in her 20's. Other than that i mainly see kids there which i suppose i am.

I got asked for ID when collecting lotery winnings its depressing im 18 in 6 weeks and i get mistaken for being 15 :x

brace face grace

#29 Post by brace face grace »

Well I'm only 21 so i guess you cant add me to the list...

I did go to Manchester quite recently though and saw a lady on the train who must've been in her 40s in braces. So that's another one for the tally!

Grace

sjsarre

#30 Post by sjsarre »

I'm 31 in a couple of months and live in Guernsey in the Channel Islands. Just got upper and lower ceramics yesterday..