Celebrities that had braces.

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braceface1230

#16 Post by braceface1230 »

Well, the reason I think Cynthia Nixon had them was because she had them in the movie, Let it Ride. Good movie.. really funny. Check it out.

Qtgirl

#17 Post by Qtgirl »

I believe I read from an article on this site that the actress Gabrielle Union had braces too. 8)

hannah164

#18 Post by hannah164 »

I never noticed that Kimmy Gibler, DJ's annoying best friend had braces for Full House! Funny, becuase that was and still is my favorite show and I'm sure I would have noticed... Guess not! :wink:

-Hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment was 2/1/06 where they bonded a bracket to my cuspid, which was impacted!!!! OUCH!

Hannah23

#19 Post by Hannah23 »

I never noticed that Kimmy ever had braces either! I love Full House and watch it all the time. I was just watching Entertainment Tonight and Denise Richards revealed that she had braces as a teenager.

ETA: Carrie Underwood also had braces.

braceface1230

#20 Post by braceface1230 »

Just found out that Donald Faison and Sarah Chalke (Turk and Eliot from, Scrubs) both had them, while filming Scrubs. They both had them on the back of their teeth though. Both of them admitted it during the commentaries on the dvd's of season 2.

ingyandbert

#21 Post by ingyandbert »

Angelina Jolie looks like she had her nose thinned. I believe Tom Cruise's braces were Invisaligns and therefore would not be noticeable.

phanta

#22 Post by phanta »

Ingyandbert,
Cruise had ceramic braces first:
http://www.archwired.com/BracesandRomance.htm

He even presented at the Oscar's wearing these braces.

phanta

#23 Post by phanta »

Idislikebraces

#24 Post by Idislikebraces »

^I remeber when he had braces...but in War of the Worlds theres alot of close ups and his teeth arent that straight....ne ways:
Chris Martin from Coldplay had braces..(even though his front teeth dont look like it...I only kno this cause I'm OBSESSED with Coldplay)

and I didnt kno Dakota Fanning had braces...or did she just get em...cause it sure dont look like it! lol :o
August 10, 2005
Ceramic Uppers and Metal Bottoms!
A few months later a Nance Appliance.
anddd nowwww:
De bonding on October 23, 2007!

ingyandbert

#25 Post by ingyandbert »

Apparently the Invisaligns didn't work for him then because I remember him having them about 5 years ago. He said he took one of his kids in for braces and the ortho ended up bracing him, too. Maybe he had a bite issue or something that Invisaligns couldn't fix.

meesoo100

#26 Post by meesoo100 »

Cristiano Ronaldo the manchester united winger who's hot as hell had braces done sometime laste yera. he only had them briefly then they got taken off. he had a tooth that was hidden behind another tooth that needed to be braught to the front. :) so that's another celeb over here in England that some of you americano's might not be familliar with :) unless you watch football (soccer)

jennielee81

#27 Post by jennielee81 »

ingyandbert wrote:Apparently the Invisaligns didn't work for him then because I remember him having them about 5 years ago. He said he took one of his kids in for braces and the ortho ended up bracing him, too. Maybe he had a bite issue or something that Invisaligns couldn't fix.
Yep you remember it EXACTLY, it was a bite issue...here's a pasted section of the EW article that appeared in 2002:

...At 39, the biggest movie star in the world, the man with the billion-dollar smile, learned he needed braces.

''I was taking my kids to the orthodontist,'' Cruise recalls, ''and he looked at me and said, 'You have a hard time closing your mouth. Your lower teeth are fracturing. I can fix that for you.''' Cruise bares his teeth to show the thin plastic band that's supposed to rescue the most profitable set of choppers in Hollywood history. ''They come off in two months, and then I get a retainer. But it feels good. At least I can close my mouth now. That's a whole new thing for me.''
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm

ingyandbert

#28 Post by ingyandbert »

Thanks, Jennifer! I was pretty sure that's what I heard back then.

hollywood_smile

#29 Post by hollywood_smile »

Just found out that Donald Faison and Sarah Chalke (Turk and Eliot from, Scrubs) both had them, while filming Scrubs. They both had them on the back of their teeth though. Both of them admitted it during the commentaries on the dvd's of season 2.
donald faison wore braces in clueless
I sooo Want a hollywood smilee....!!!!
http://hollywoodsmile.blogspot.com/

bbsadmin

#30 Post by bbsadmin »

Actually, Tom's teeth are still not perfect. His midline is WAY WAY off! I mean, wow, incredibly off. He would probably need jaw surgery or something to fix it. Which wouldn't happen unless it was medically necessary, I'm sure.

He originally needed the braces because his mis-aligned bite was causing his teeth to begin cracking. So even with all those millions he can't escape his own teeth!

There are a lot of celebrities who NEED braces but I won't go into that :roll: Have you ever seen Keanu Reeves' wayward lower tooth, or John Cusack's crooked bottom teeth?
I'm the owner/admin of this site. Had ceramic uppers, metal lowers ~3 years in my early 40's. Now in Hawley retainers at night!