Braces and big lips

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Solase

Braces and big lips

#1 Post by Solase »

Just curious, I just got my braces put on, they're Damon 3's, and I'm wondering how long it's taken others for their teeth to move far enough back to have your lips look the way they did before the braces. Kind of thinking it'll be a good 3 to 6 months for me, but hopeful before then. The ortho said it should take about 18 months total time in braces for me. My biggest correction I see is pulling my upper 'buck teeth' back into alignment with my lowers and hopefully moving my lower jaw far enough forward to not require surgery.

JoeMama

#2 Post by JoeMama »

Hi Solase, I've been in my Damon 3s for about 6 weeks now and they are already starting to pull my two front teeth back (I have the buck teeth too). Everyone is different, but I didn't realize how far they had moved until my ortho pulled out my original casting. The Damons kind of stick out quite a bit, so your lips my never look exactly like they did before braces. But I bet you'll see some progress before you know it!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Solase

#3 Post by Solase »

Lol, I sure hope so. It's only been 2 weeks I've been in braces though. Might take 2 months before I really notice.