WHAT'S THE WORST THING THAT GETS STUCK IN YOUR BRACE!!!!???

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirst1583

#16 Post by kirst1583 »

tkais wrote:Not just food but sometimes my floss will shred when it slides across my braces and little bits of it will get stuck in there and is almost impossible to get out.
Yeah I really hate that, it's disgusting and even more annoying than getting food stuck.

On the food front though i'd have to say nuts, spinach and fruit like nectarines and pineapple are my worst offenders oh and licorice (but I wont even dare eat that in public).

Lucifina

#17 Post by Lucifina »

Shredded Coconut! :shock:
~Luci~ Image
It will all be worth it in the end!
UpdatedSiteImage

KJM

#18 Post by KJM »

It has to be broccoli, bread and spinach!!

My dh works for a popular food chain and we get free meals ( woohoo! I love eating out!) but the worse part is eating artichoke spinach dip and then having one of the managers/associates come over to chit chat with us. Ugh! I guess I should forego it but it seems to be hard to pass up. LOL so I try to be friendly without showing my teeth and quickly excuse myself to the restroom to clean my grill. LOL
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

KJM

#19 Post by KJM »

Lucifina wrote:Shredded Coconut! :shock:
yeah your right about that one. I didn't think about it prior but I had a ice cream flurry last night with coconut and pecans and I spent more time picking the stuff out of my teeth than enjoying the ice cream. :evil: I guess I will have to choose another flavor next time.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

Ev's Mom

#20 Post by Ev's Mom »

I was eating a fried cheese stick when the cheese got caught on a bracket and slid down my throat!!! :yuck: I almost choked to death!!! :yikes:
Damon II 12-12-05--est. 24-30 months

nimo

#21 Post by nimo »

Sauerkraut is my new #1 worst thing to get stuck in braces. It clumps like nothing else.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

dancing8433

#22 Post by dancing8433 »

for me i love shrimp but omg forget it it loves to get stuck all in between my braces and my lovely bagels that i carefully eat still seam to stick to every part of my teeth they come in contact with. i also love a certain type of italian cookie.. but they dont love my braces lol.. but as long as i go n do my waterpiking and all the thorough cleaning im good :D

joplin

#23 Post by joplin »

I recently made a big mistake by having a roll with melted cheese inside it on a flight from Amsterdam. Imagine sitting stuck between two strangers on a plane and trying to discreetly get all the sticky cheese - it was like glue! - off your braces. Those were no quality moments.
Case: Impacted canines, crowding & crossbite.
Treatment: SARPE 2004/10/6, RPE 2004/9/28 - 2005/1/31, w-arch until 2005/11/22, impacted canines extracted 2005/5/18.
Braces on: top 2005/6/2, bottom 2005/8/30.
Braces off: 2008/6/9.
Retainers, phase one: expanding Hawley retainer 24/7, bonded retainers on top & bottom.
Retainers, phase two: Hawley on top, bonded both top & bottom, positioner for night time use.

cookie

#24 Post by cookie »

The worst thing I've eaten is flour tortillas or flat bread wraps (so like when we have fajitas for tea or something) - they just weld themselves to your brackets.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

michael33

#25 Post by michael33 »

cheese for me. It gets all caked in there, I love it.

meesoo100

#26 Post by meesoo100 »

COUS COUS is another one that is really annoying. i was actually having that today for dinner and it caused me so much grief...i thought to myself this darn food has to be mentioned on the metal mouth message board. it causes us fellow brace sufferers too much unwanted discomfort...but oh it is delicious!!! :lol:

*Halo*

#27 Post by *Halo* »

Sushi, ohh man can i tell you, it's a mess , i love sushi but i don't love it enought to Ever go out in public and eat it again, i'll stay hidden behind my own walls and eat it there, took about 2 min to get my grill cleaned and i only have the uppers so far :lol:
I learned there were two ways i could live my life, Fallowing my dreams,or doing soemthing else, Dreams aren't a matter of chance but a matter of choice, when i dream i belives i am rehearsing my Future

*Halo*

#28 Post by *Halo* »

haha that would be 20 min Sorry
I learned there were two ways i could live my life, Fallowing my dreams,or doing soemthing else, Dreams aren't a matter of chance but a matter of choice, when i dream i belives i am rehearsing my Future

Anticipator

#29 Post by Anticipator »

Alfalfa sprouts and generally anything that's standard ingredients for Vietnamese cooking.
Upper and lower metal braces
Estimated treatment time: 20 months

lionfish

#30 Post by lionfish »

Anticipator wrote:Alfalfa sprouts and generally anything that's standard ingredients for Vietnamese cooking.
Alfalfa sprouts here, too. They're like heat seeking missiles. In fact, anything with fibre in it gets stuck which means virtually all fruit, veggies and salad greens. All the stuff I love and won't give up.

I had lower ceramic braces placed yesterday. I'm finding that more seems to be getting stuck in these guys than my upper linguals. I went out and bought a pocket mirror straight away!