Wierd Dream Related to Braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

perfectangel818

Wierd Dream Related to Braces

#1 Post by perfectangel818 »

I think I'm loosing my mind! Last night, I had a dream that I had my braces on already (can't wait!). In the dream, I was driving somewhere and laughing at something. When I went to close my mouth, the braces just slid off! Sorry, I had to tell someone about it because it just seemed sooo wierd. lol
Stacy

kirst1583

#2 Post by kirst1583 »

lol yeah i've had strange dreams like that. I'd say it's just cos you're so eager to get things rolling!!!
So I guess it's a good sign. lol

mackenzie

#3 Post by mackenzie »

That's funny! I can sort of relate, I had a HORRIBLE dream the other night where one of my molars was so loose it was sliding all around the bottom of my mouth because my gums were like jello. It made a really gross noise and felt so gross when it moved. Waking up and realizing it was just a dream was so nice!

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

I just dreamt last night that I went to my dentist for a routine check up and after he looked at my teeth, the braces fell with one of my teeth and he just said that everything was fine and left the room...leaving me with braces and a tooth in my hand. lol

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

perfectangel818

#5 Post by perfectangel818 »

Thanks for helping me feel more *normal*! lol
Stacy

SmileyGirl

#6 Post by SmileyGirl »

Well, now I'm pretty sure I'll have a weird dream about my braces since now I'm reading about other people's dreams! ;)

celiviel

#7 Post by celiviel »

Since I got my braces on, I keep having dreams about my teeth falling out. It's always such a relief to wake up and feel them all still attached.

shinyam

#8 Post by shinyam »

It's really funny, because I also have had dreams about my braces since getting them. The last one was just a few days ago. I dreamt that my front tooth (the one he's working on now) became warped because of the braces. :(

I think it goes to show that, even at a subconscious level, we are all very preoccupied with our teeth and braces.

Tiffchelle

#9 Post by Tiffchelle »

That's funny! I had a dream last night that I was in the office to get my braces on, and my orthodontist only put on the top braces, but he didn't put on the archwire, and then he put brackets on my molars and caused them to crack! And then, he told me to come back that afternoon to put the bottom braces on, and I waited there, and he never showed up. Meanwhile, the top braces fell off altogether. Yeah, I know I'm anxious to get this all going! I've got my spacers put back in, and I'm just counting down the days until Tuesday!

JoeMama

#10 Post by JoeMama »

A friend of mine brought up the movie "Poltergeist" the other day. If you've seen it, you probably remember the scene with the braces. And I don't want to scare anyone else so I'll leave it at that... But I keep waiting for that to pop up in my dreams now. SCARY!!!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

perfectangel818

#11 Post by perfectangel818 »

hmm. I think i'll have to watch potergiest again. (however that's spelled) I can't think of what scene you're talking about. Oh, well.
Stacy

akabraces

#12 Post by akabraces »

Not surprising to hear about all these dreams--teeth falling out (and hence
applicances, braces I suppose) is actually a very common dream...as is evidenced on this thread...Psychologists say it represents something, but
I'll leave that up for homework...

cheers,

*aka

ingyandbert

#13 Post by ingyandbert »

I dreamed about my teeth falling out many times before being braced. But since getting my braces, I've only dreamed about my teeth a few times. Once was just a few days after being braced; I dreamed one of my arch wires came out. The other was a few days ago. I dreamed one of my lower molars fell out. That was only a few hours after having my new wires installed. The tech had a hard time fitting the bottom wire in to the last bracket, so she pressed on the tooth so hard that for an instant I was actually afraid the tooth might snap off. It caused a lot of inflammation at the root and so I had a good bit of pain for the next 3 days. I'm sure that dream was a reaction to the pain I was still feeling in my sleep.

Way Too Old For This

#14 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I dream about my mouth or braces almost every night. (Maybe its because I clench my teeth so bad now)...anyway here is my gross mouth dream.

Warning, Don't read below if you are Arachniphobic. This is disgusting.

My Mouth Dream. (I'm warning again....gross gross gross. I should get an award for the grossest dream I think, or at least maybe I should go get some therapy)

Last night I dreamt I had a spider in my mouth. I couldn't get the spider out of my mouth because he kept hiding behind my archwre. Finally he slipped into a pocket between my gum and my lower canine. (where I got the pocket I don't know, because I just had an atta-girl at my cleaning last week) Anyway, I could see the little guys legg's sticking up out of the pocket, and I couldn't stand having this spider in my mouth so I pushed on my gum and squished him!

YUCH! Then I rushed to the bathroom to my waterpik and started flushing him out, and the blood and spider guts kept coming and coming.....and I had to close my eyes to keep from puking. Then I woke up and went into my sewing room and there was a HUGE spider on the wall.

I'm not even afraid of spiders. What's up with this stupid dream?
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

jcdamon3

#15 Post by jcdamon3 »

Ok that is true horror. That is just something out of a horror flick. I hate those kinds of dreams! I wake up in a cold sweat.

That's a cross between Fear Factor and aracnaphobia for sure!

Here's a cool webpage on spider dreams - it could be a positive thing actually:

http://spiderdreams.tripod.com/spiderdreams.html
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!