Debanding date - FINALLY!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kirst1583

Debanding date - FINALLY!

#1 Post by kirst1583 »

Hi everyone,
Well I just had to share....
I had an adjustment today and the ortho looked at my teeth and said: "Yeah I think we can set that appointment". I couldn't contain my excitement. After almost 3 years I'll be getting my braces off on the 15th May!
I've made 3 appointments. A review one just to check everything is ok before they are removed, then one 2 weeks later for the debanding and moulds then the retainer pick up the week later.
I can't wait.. hopefully the time will go quickly.

kirst1583

#2 Post by kirst1583 »

KK wrote:
Wow ... you're a great planner ... having set an appointment for a pre removal check ... what an excellent idea that is!
Thanks for the replies. I love having the support of this forum and knowing that someone else out there also realises how exciting this is!

I got told I needed the 3 appointments. I would never have thought of it, I was in total shock the minute he said they looked ready. I didn't actually take much in after that. lol

42 sleeps hey... hmm, never thought of it that way. I think if I count down the sleeps then the time will drag. I don't care though - at least I finally have a date!!! :-)o

Evelyn

#3 Post by Evelyn »

Congrats congrats congrats!!! This calls for a cyber celebration :-)o :-88 :jump: :banana: :-)o :-#)

Have a great last 42 days in braces and enjoy your soon to be brace free smile!!

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

hannah164

#4 Post by hannah164 »

Congratulations Kirst1583! That is wonderful news! :-)o :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: :HugeGrin:
You must be very excited! Hope to see some pictures afterwards!

~hannah :frogbraces:

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05
Last Adjustment: February 28, 2006 where they gave me a new bottom wire and attached my impacted canine, newly bracketed, to the wire! OUCH!

kirst1583

#5 Post by kirst1583 »

hannah164 wrote:Congratulations Kirst1583! That is wonderful news! :-)o :thumbsup: :dance: :-#) :banana: :HugeGrin:
You must be very excited! Hope to see some pictures afterwards!
I guess I should really get motivated and take some pics once they come off. I never thought to keep track of my progress... so unfortunately there's no before pics. At least u'll get to see the finished product though! :wink:

mtbrncofn

Re: Debanding date - FINALLY!

#6 Post by mtbrncofn »

kirst1583 wrote:Hi everyone,
Well I just had to share....
I had an adjustment today and the ortho looked at my teeth and said: "Yeah I think we can set that appointment". I couldn't contain my excitement. After almost 3 years I'll be getting my braces off on the 15th May!
I've made 3 appointments. A review one just to check everything is ok before they are removed, then one 2 weeks later for the debanding and moulds then the retainer pick up the week later.
I can't wait.. hopefully the time will go quickly.
Congratulations! And I thought I was excited after just under a year. You must be ecstatic!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

kirst1583

Re: Debanding date - FINALLY!

#7 Post by kirst1583 »

mtbrncofn wrote: Congratulations! And I thought I was excited after just under a year. You must be ecstatic!
Thanks heaps! Yeah totally excited, I can't wait. I can't even remember what it was like to brush my teeth without anything in the way, or to eat without worrying about whether I have food stuck all through my braces!

I just realised your debanding is soon too (only 10 days!!!). Congratulations also :thumbsup: ... Be sure to let us know how it goes.

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

Congrats! That is so awesome! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Nikkiekoala

#9 Post by Nikkiekoala »

That is great news!!! I look forward to seeing your results.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Flora2006

#10 Post by Flora2006 »

Amazing news. You must be soo happy!!! Congrats :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006