PNL appointment tomorrow!!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Shelby014

PNL appointment tomorrow!!

#1 Post by Shelby014 »

I am so excited because i have my first PNL appointment tomorrow! I guess at this appointment they are going to see if my roots are all in the right spots and decide whether they can move into the leveling and fine tuning stage :D. I am really excited cuz i really want to get the braces thing over with i can't believe they have only been on for 6 months though, time really has flown :-).

I was just wondering the leveling and fine tuning stage involve elastics, or anything new that i haven't already had? And is anyone here in this stage and if they are i would love to hear from you lol :D
Thanks much,
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

braced on:9-29-05
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
[/url]

missingu

#2 Post by missingu »

What is a PNL appointment?

Shelby014

#3 Post by Shelby014 »

Its where they take x-rays of your teeth, and decide whether they need to reposition brackets, add elastics etc etc.

I suppose its mainly to see if the roots are in the right position, or if they are still in the moving process.

I'm really not all that sure, i guess i'll have to get back to you on that one tomorrow after the appointment lol :D
I'm just excited because this means progress!
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Good luck tomorrow!! (or rather in a few hours!)

Let us know how it goes :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

phanta

#5 Post by phanta »

Silly question - how can they take an X-ray with metal in your mouth? Isn't that a "no-no"?

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

Way Too Old For This

#6 Post by Way Too Old For This »

I have had x-rays with braces. I don't think I've ever heard of metal interferring with x-rays except that the x-ray can't go through the metal....like in airport screening devices. You see all the time where they do orthopedic x-rays of bones that have been put together with metal screws....metal hips, etc.

Maybe you are thinking of microwaves?
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.

jcdamon3

#7 Post by jcdamon3 »

I think you are thinking of MRI.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

Shelby014

#8 Post by Shelby014 »

Well i went to the ortho today and,

They poked around in my mouth for a second, then they took all my ligs and my powerchaing off. They took and x-ray of my head, and then they proceeded to tell me that i have some nasty looking wisdom teeth coming in and i'd have to have them removed in the near future(yikes, i REALLY don't want to have to have that done) :P.

They they said that my roots were in the correct places, and that they would start leveling my teeth at my next appointment!! That means that i am that much closer to getting these things taken off lolz. :D
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

i814u2c

#9 Post by i814u2c »

jcdamon3 wrote:I think you are thinking of MRI.

MRI can be done with braces on. Had one last January
37 YR F METAL TOP AND BOTTOM
TOP ON OCT 04
BOTTOM ON DEC 04

Shelby014

#10 Post by Shelby014 »

This is regarding a wisdom teeth extraction:

I am wondering who had to have their wisdom teeth cut out and not extracted, because i will have to have mine cut out.....i am scared because 2 of my other friends have had this done, and they swelled up like chipmunks and said that the blood was unbelievably nasty.

Just wondering :-(, cuz i'm a total wuss when it comes to pain
Thanks much,
Shelby
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Shelby014

#11 Post by Shelby014 »

Yea, thats what i'm talking about impacted and not erupted, well just barely getting ready to erupt on the top, i can feel the tip of a tooth, but thats it.

I'm just afraid i guess because of my friends, but one of them had VERY visible bruising, and she got dry socket :-(.

The other one threw up for 3 days straight because of the blood(gross i kno sorry).

I've just heard horrid stories about it, and my grandma doesn't think i need them extracted(she didn't think that i needed braces either >.<) so i'm arguing with her about it, but oh well.

Thanks for the info meryaten
O.o*Shelby*o.O

[/url]

Way Too Old For This

#12 Post by Way Too Old For This »

Shelby, my daughter recently had her fully impacted wisdom teeth removed and I think her experience was a lot like Maryten's. Of course daughter milked all the attention because I babied her a lot. But she had no bleeding and very little swelling.

I gave her a walkie talkie and I had the other one so whenever she wanted anything, she beeped me. Now was that a good Mom? Here's a hint for keeping the ice packs in place on your face. She was all propped in bed and I put one of those neck pillows (one that looks like a horseshoe) around her neck so it held up the ice packs just right.
Wired on Sep 16, 2005, left canine exposed on Oct 5, 2005, at 52 years old.