To everyone who had extractions

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

x3trinity

To everyone who had extractions

#1 Post by x3trinity »

I had 4 teeth extracted when I got my braces, and my tooth on the bottom has started hurting when I bite down, (This is the tooth right beside the place I had a extraction) anywho, it feels loose, so I looked in the mirror and the tooth is LEANING! I mean you can actually tell that is not straight anymore, is this normal?

I know that the teeth are suppose to move, but why is it leaning? Is it suppose to feel loose, omg am I going to lose that tooth? SOMEONE PLEASE HELP OR ADVISE! :Questions:

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I don't think you need to worry too much...it's normal for the tooth to shift.
I had extractions done as well...not for braces but still...and one of them has shifted.

But, if you are worried, contact your dentist or ortho.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

dena

#3 Post by dena »

ditto...but it sounds like it's fine.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months

sydsmom

#4 Post by sydsmom »

The teeth next to my extractions are tilted about 45 degrees. It looks like they're about to pop out of my gum at the root. The ortho has seen me a few times like this and hasn't said a word, so I'm pretty sure it's okay.
Lower bicuspids extracted 1/11/06
Braced (full metal) 1/18/06

x3trinity

#5 Post by x3trinity »

Thank you all so much, I really feel better now! It is good to know that I am not alone in this journey and that I can ask other people questions about my teeth and my braces that actually understand! :D

I love this board!!!!! :tingrin:

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."