I'm New Here

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Lavender

I'm New Here

#1 Post by Lavender »

Hello everyone. I just recently found this site and am glad that I did. I have a question. If I get metal braces and decide to go with colored ligs, can you still see them? If I need to have them, I'd just like to be able to have fun with them.

Saycheesenikki

#2 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Hey lavender-

Just browse around the forum. There are many posts with pictures & all. They will definitely give you an idea of what certain braces & colors look like. Hope this helps.
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Lavender

#3 Post by Lavender »

Thanks for answering my question. I think I'll get purple ones first! :D

Lavender

#4 Post by Lavender »

I got my braces put on yesterday. Metal on the top with purple ligs. :)
I have to go back tomarrow because they couldn't get the bands on in the back, not enough room. They put in spacers yesterday to make enough room. I didn't have any pain at all yesterday, but I'm assuming that I will have some tomarrow.

Lavender

#5 Post by Lavender »

Kiwi,you don't have bands? Last night I had to put wax at the spot where the wire ended. Other than that, no pain. I had invisalign for 1.5 yrs. and they caused some problems, so I'm fixing those problems with metal braces. I'm supposd to only have to wear them for 3 to 6 months, we'll see. Should I expect alot of pain tomarrow with the bands being put on?

BlueeyedManda

#6 Post by BlueeyedManda »

At my appointment on Friday I got purple on my bottoms, and I have clear braces so it looks like it is illuminating...so cool. My finace thinks the whole color think it so neat. He wants me to do NY Giants colors when football season comes along :roll: him and football.

Lavender

#7 Post by Lavender »

Congrats on the purple ligs, great choice! :D
I think I'll get a rainbow next time. :)
4 hrs. until I go to have my bands put on. So far have not really had pain, just a little soreness. Now I understand what everyone is talking about when they say "spongy". I notice the soreness only when I brush. We'll see what changes when the bands are put on.
Eating is definitely different. It's almost like I don't know where to chew. :) Ravioli last night and that wasn't bad.

Lavender

#8 Post by Lavender »

Don't mind me, just trying to add a ticker to my sig. Hope it works.

All metal

Lavender

#9 Post by Lavender »

Cool, I did it! :D
Leaving now for my appt. WooooooooHoooooooooo! :)

All metal

Lavender

#10 Post by Lavender »

Back from my appt. and everything went well. :D Teeth we're very sore when they changed the wire and applied new ligs. :( The bands went on smoothly. The tech who did everything told me I'd probably come back for my next appt. in 6 to 8 wks. However when the Ortho. came in, he said 3 wks. Does that seem to early to go back already? :? I don't know if it'll be every 3 wks. or if that will change next time.

All metal

Flora2006

#11 Post by Flora2006 »

3 weeks is fine. I go in every 4 weeks. Each ortho works differently.

I actually like going so often because I feel like this journey goes by faster... :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Lavender

#12 Post by Lavender »

Thanks, I won't worry about it then. It just seemed so soon.

All metal