how to see your smile without braces...sort of

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

michael33

how to see your smile without braces...sort of

#1 Post by michael33 »

Stand in front of the bathroom mirror & turn the lights off. With a dull light coming in from outside the bathroom, just enough light to barely see my face, I can see the basic shape & alignment of my teeth, but not the braces. My smile looks awesome! Anyone else ever try this?
Also, anyone addicted to staring into their rearview mirror in their car? LOL
Approx. 1 more year to go!

gsx

Re: how to see your smile without braces...sort of

#2 Post by gsx »

[quote="michael33"
Also, anyone addicted to staring into their rearview mirror in their car? LOL
[/quote]
me too :D

SmileyGirl

#3 Post by SmileyGirl »

Oh my gosh, I am always baring my teeth in the rearview mirror. I'm sure other drivers think I'm insane.

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

SmileyGirl wrote:Oh my gosh, I am always baring my teeth in the rearview mirror. I'm sure other drivers think I'm insane.
lol same here!! :lol:

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

phanta

#5 Post by phanta »

Car mirror, shop windows, spoons, just about every reflective surface :) It's getting better all the time though. I think I looked at my teeth maybe 7 times today.

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

CLAmom

#6 Post by CLAmom »

Most definitely I am completely obsessed with looking at my teeth in any mirror. I've been caught by my coworkers pretty frequently staring into a little handheld mirror I have at my desk at work. I just don't want to miss anything if it changes in there!! :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Tiffchelle

#7 Post by Tiffchelle »

I could hardly drive from the ortho office yesterday after getting braced because I was so intent on looking in the mirror. And now at home, I can't walk past the mirrors in my house without spending a couple minutes inspecting everything. Glad I'm not the only one!!

~Tiffany

SmileyGirl

#8 Post by SmileyGirl »

I totally got busted tonight doing a full-on braces check in my sun visor mirror while I was waiting for my son in his Taekwondo class. I must have been sitting there for 5 minutes with my fingers in my mouth for half that time, pulling my lips this way and that, and I looked to my left and one of the other parents was just sitting there looking at me from his truck. I wanted to point at my braces, but I just looked down and continued reading my book.

strugglebuggy

#9 Post by strugglebuggy »

I haven't tried the dark trick yet, but I did get a glimpse of what I will look like when the braces come off at the ortho on Monday. I asked if I could brush my teeth without the wires on before he changed them, and when I looked into the mirrow, I was shocked at how nice my teeth were looking! :) It made my whole day!

Evelyn

#10 Post by Evelyn »

I'm always trying to figure out how to see my teeth without the braces on them-Ive never tried that way you mentioned it sounds good I'll give it a shot!

My brackets are quite low on my teeth so I've been able to kind of learn how to smile only showing the un-bracketed parts of my teeth-it looks really goofy but at least I get to see an idea of how my teeth look. Here's a pic: (sorry it's kind of big imageshack isn't working right)

Anyways, it's always fun to imagine. And I've even gone so far as to use paint to paint in my teeth to look like there are no braces.

I probably have too much free time....no, I take that back...I think I'm just the world's biggest procrastinator:)

Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

brace face grace

#11 Post by brace face grace »

My ex had braces years ago and he still smiles like that!

I guess some tricks never grow old! :lol:

jcdamon3

#12 Post by jcdamon3 »

Has anyone seen that commercial where the guy is checking out his white teeth in the mirror in the car while driving and he drives through the side of a building, through a museum and into a store? Pretty funny! I think the commericail is for some kind of teeth whitening gum. Orbit maybe?
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

BraceFace12

#13 Post by BraceFace12 »

I totally know what you all mean. I am looking at my teeth all the time at my friends think I'm crazy. Some of them have braces too?? I guess I'm the only obsessed one. I have also done the paint thing. Where you paint over the braces and wire. It does look kool.
Top Braces-8-12-04
Oral Surgery-6-3-05
Bottom Braces-11-15-05
Braces Off-8-22-06!

No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears.