Dark Stains

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

katmc_tx

Dark Stains

#1 Post by katmc_tx »

With my teeth moving so much I have started to notice dark brown stains between my teeth where I have gaps. At first I only noticed one stain on a tooth that was behind another one, but with in the last few days when I was really looking I noticed I had stains between other teeth as well. Can anyone relate? And if you can do you know why those stains are there? And when the gaps close I'm guessing I won't be able to see them.
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

kel

#2 Post by kel »

Hiya,

As my teeth have moved I too have noticed a stain on my tooth where it was covered by another. I am not sure that it is the same thing, but it only shows when I look close in the mirror and assume that it is there because I was previously unable to clean this area well as it was covered.

I hope this helps, there is another thread on this: viewtopic.php?t=7801&highlight=stains

Kel

katmc_tx

#3 Post by katmc_tx »

Hey thanks Kel for posting that information, that is what I was asking about and I'm hoping that these stains are able to be removed at a dental cleaning. Take care
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

Shawnie

#4 Post by Shawnie »

At my last cleaning my hygienist said she got off a stain that was on a tooth that previously was overlapped a bit by another tooth.

I had not even noticed the stain, but she said she was able to get it completely off.

Best of luck to you
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

phanta

#5 Post by phanta »

I have a bit of brown (like 1mm stain) between 2 of my teeth and my dentist told me in tight places like that sometimes a cavity forms. When it's on enamel-level (no hole in enamel), the tooth can fight back and sort of heal itself. So that's what it was for me, anyway, "a cavity that never was" :)

My Braces Story at www.bracedblog.com

merrily

#6 Post by merrily »

I had a couple of small dark stains on my teeth sort of near the gumline. My ortho was able to scrape it off with that pointy hook tool. He said it was stained tartar.

dena

#7 Post by dena »

yes!!! As my teeth straighten out, I'm beginning to see a lot of "tooth" that wasn't previously exposed properly. That's where the staining is. I spend a lot of time scraping at that with my little hook thingy and brushing and whatnot. My dentist always says my teeth look good so I take it in stride. I don't think it's from bad hygiene; it's just that crooked teeth make it almost impossible to clean some spots.

...hence the reason we are all here.

Don't worry though--you aren't the only one. I think this must be pretty normal.

four bicuspids removed 1/3/06
clear uppers and metal lowers placed 1/5/06
timeframe for braces: 24-30 months