Speed of movement dependent on age?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Evelyn

#16 Post by Evelyn »

oops sorry for the double post, some debug error came up :oops: and messed everything up
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

Betty Bat

#17 Post by Betty Bat »

I was curious about the relationship between osteoporosis and braces myself. I had asked the question once or twice in the "Ask the Doc" forum and never got a response. If you "Google" osteoblast/osteoplast, then you will see some references to osteoporosis pages. Since osteoblast/osteoplast is part of the mechanism for moving your teeth around and then anchoring them in place again, I'm a little concerned about this.

Wish someone with more information would discuss this topic!

Dark_angel

#18 Post by Dark_angel »

Im still young at 17 and my extraction gaps have taken ages to close, i know the top ones my ortho is trying to keep open for the moment. But my bottom has a powerchain and elastics and its been two weeks and they havent closed a teeny bit. I had my 4 second premolars out in september 2005 :(

WiredNana

#19 Post by WiredNana »

I had just one lower tooth extracted and my Ortho told me it would close-up in 4 to 5 months......

It's been 6 weeks and it's no longer the embarrassing Hole, but a slight gap that is no longer a concern to me.....

After yesterdays adjustment...it's closed up even more....I find this Orthodonics JUST FACINATING!!!!!

Oh...BTW...I'm 51 years old.
Wirednana (Deb)

TracyJean

#20 Post by TracyJean »

I'm 34 and 3 1/2 weeks into treatment. I've only got top brackets on right now and I wasn't expecting to see as much movement as I've seen already - mostly because my top teeth are already pretty straight, I've got one tooth that sticks out slightly and my canines are turned to the side a little. But I can already see a straightening of the arch wire. Haven't noticed much change to the overbite, but there has been some movement there.

Since there's more work to be done on the bottom, I'm very curious to see how quickly things move when I get the bottom brackets on.
TracyJean