Do u brush before eating breakfast ?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

nahky
Location: Australia, , braced on 8 MAR '05 - Debraced: 28th FEB '07

#16 Post by nahky »

Too much build up of morning breath, so i do. I ahve a quick brush, not a detailed brush. Just enough to make me fresh and awake. then a good rinse.
Nahhs, Jaw Surgery 'n all<
Progress Pictures on Pages 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 10, 11, 12, 13 Debracing/Teeth Whitening Pictures on Pg 16

Lower JAW Surgery: May 2006 Debraced: March 2007

wearetheborg

#17 Post by wearetheborg »

KK wrote:
I don't brush before any meals ... this morning one is just to freshen my mouth after a night of ...
I thought u were gonna go in a different direction on this
:GapToothed:

cookie

#18 Post by cookie »

I don't generally brush before breakfast - I get up, eat breakfast, then have a shower and brush my teeth.

If I'm not having breakfast straightaway for whatever reason, I'd always brush when I get up.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005

meesoo100

#19 Post by meesoo100 »

i always brush first thing in the morning. i cant bare the fact of having breakfast when i still have the taste of night breath (is there such thing?...you know what i mean!) in my mouth. it grosses me out. i brush my teeth then have breakfast. by the time i get my brekkie ready you dont get that minty taste of toothpaste in your mouth afterwards. essentially though, i have to brush my teeth before brekkie. as for the other meals, i just rinse my mouth with water before and after each meal.

drazda

#20 Post by drazda »

It's funny, I was raised to ALWAYS brush teeth before eating. I now brush after eating.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Cynthia1251

#21 Post by Cynthia1251 »

Kind of off topic but i've heard that if you don't brush before eating, the bacteria in your mouth goes down with the food that you eat, which makes it a slightly higher chance that you could get diabetes.

Don't hold me against this, because it's only what i heard. :?

wearetheborg

#22 Post by wearetheborg »

Cynthia1251 wrote:Kind of off topic but i've heard that if you don't brush before eating, the bacteria in your mouth goes down with the food that you eat, which makes it a slightly higher chance that you could get diabetes.

Don't hold me against this, because it's only what i heard. :?
What the heck does bacteria hav to do with diabetes???? :?:

Missingorigin

#23 Post by Missingorigin »

this is so freaken funny, i was just having this convo with my friends. well personally, i ALWAYS brush right away when i wake up. (before breakfast).
I think it is nasty if you eat with your morning breathe. I asked a lot of people and everyone said they brush after breakfast and not before. well, i think that is nasty, not brushing before breakfast, well, thats my opinion.

JumpTheDitch

#24 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Oh my god, brush BEFORE meals AS WELL as after meals, snacks, coffee, etc?? I already spend most of my life in front of the mirror with a toothbrush in my mouth, any more and I might as well have my mail redirected to the bathroom too! Soon there'll be no teeth left to be straight, crooked or otherwise! :shock:

kirst1583

#25 Post by kirst1583 »

JumpTheDitch wrote:Oh my god, brush BEFORE meals AS WELL as after meals, snacks, coffee, etc?? I already spend most of my life in front of the mirror with a toothbrush in my mouth, any more and I might as well have my mail redirected to the bathroom too! Soon there'll be no teeth left to be straight, crooked or otherwise! :shock:
LOL - that's funny... you've just described exactly how I feel.
I'm already told I brush my teeth WAY too much!

payoki

brushing.

#26 Post by payoki »

I brush before heading out to work in the morning. If I have breakfast at home than I'll brush afterwards but if I eat at work than I only rinse my mouth so I just try not to eat often...
mother of one.