Can cleats be removed?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

genxsis

#16 Post by genxsis »

Kirst1583:

If the inside edges are slightly rough, then the cleats were probably there and were ground off when the bands were put on. That's how mine feel right now that were ground off. I wish my ortho had just done that at the beginning instead of making me wait so long. I want to go back and have my upper ones ground off now. They are SUCH a pain!
Our words drift away. Our words journey to find those who will listen. It may be our words become lost. It may be our words find nothing, find no one. We call out into the distance.... --"Roma Ryan"

kirst1583

#17 Post by kirst1583 »

Thanks for the reply genxsis.
I imagine that might have been the case. I probably just didn't realise it at the time (or until almost 3 years later. lol)
I don't mind anyway - at least I didn't have to worry about any pain or irritation to my tongue!

Dark_angel

#18 Post by Dark_angel »

Im pretty sure they make them without cleats, my bands havent got cleats on them and i know they were never scraped off. Maybe its just in the UK they dont have cleats :?