how many brackets have you broke

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

KJM

#16 Post by KJM »

I've lost one, eating some Honey Bunches of Oats cereal ( a midnight snack)
The asst. reprimanded me ( too crunchy) but she'd be shocked if she knew what I really eat ( everything!! Popcorn, gum, hard crunchy things...and yes I still eat that cereal- just more carefully now) :lol:
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

belmikry

#17 Post by belmikry »

one bracket in 2 1/2 months- my bad- had a horrible craving for snacks and they had to be crunchy! needless to say, one popped off after my meal of brittle and soy crisps o_0
Braces off- 12 months 1 week in braces- estimate 18-21 months!
First time in braces- Damon 3's- 01-30-06 - 02-09-2007 hawley clear retainer on top, permenant retainer on bottom

jcdamon3

#18 Post by jcdamon3 »

none for me - knock on wood.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!

today53

#19 Post by today53 »

one of mine came off the second day, not a very good start

Argenta

#20 Post by Argenta »

I went in for my first checkup (two weeks after getting them on) and discovered that I had dislodged a bracket already! I hadn't noticed it because it was on one of those lower canines that has a tricky angled surface and it hadn't really moved along the wire at all. Then when that bracket was being replaced, the one on the bicuspid next to it got knocked off too (similarly difficult surface). So the orthodontist had a really good go with the pumice paste before sticking the new ones on. :P

Have popped the wire out of the end bracket (I don't have molar bands) on the lower left too, there's about 1.5cm of exposed wire between the bicuspid and the molar which is easy to dent because there's nothing supporting it, same on the other side.

MadeIn1984

#21 Post by MadeIn1984 »

I've broken 1 in the past 8 1/2 months I've had these metal contraptions. :D
Visit me on MySpace! :wink:

~CanadianChick~

#22 Post by ~CanadianChick~ »

I Broke one on the top while I was *Gulp* Drinking with the gals. Someone offered me a gumball and BAM off it came.. lol..I didnt remember it until I woke up the next day! haha :oops:

I'm also having a problem with the archwire coming out of my molars in the lower teeth... They just slide out of the brackets. Good thing I can get them back in. I actually have only had these on since Valentines day and my first adjustment isnt until April 24th but when I went in last week to get the Bracket fixed she changed the arch wire to a stronger one on the bottom. The wire when she took it out was so deformed, she said it was a good thing she was changing it because it wasnt doing good in there the way it was..
~Braces Added Valentines Day 2006~

meekat28

#23 Post by meekat28 »

None have broken yet.

katmc_tx

Archwire only

#24 Post by katmc_tx »

I've had mine on since late Jan of this year and have only had bottom left archwire slip out of molar band last week. I'm hoping thats all that happens!!!
Got my braces off 9/20/07 after 19 months and 3 weeks. WOOOOOOHOOOOO!!

CLAmom

#25 Post by CLAmom »

2 popped off the day my braces were fitted before they even got the wire on! Since then I haven't lost any, knock wood.

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Brandyleigh35

#26 Post by Brandyleigh35 »

Zero....mine are all very securely attached. I've had no problems whatsoever of this nature.

Brandy

OneBluCrayon

#27 Post by OneBluCrayon »

You know what really kills me? Ive had my braces on for about 16 months and have yet to loose or break any brackets.

However, at my orthos office two orthos share one office, so on certain days one doctor works and on other days the other works. Well i went in to get a simple tie change (pearl ligs- i much prefer the colored ones myself) ANYWHO... i had an assistant from the other doctor work on me.

SHE broke two of my brackets without even saying anything! :yikes: It wasnt until the bands came off on the way home that i noticed the one and the other when i took a closer look as to why my rubber bands wouldnt stay on.

I cant believe she broke TWO brackets and DIDNT SAY ANYTHING! :evil: I was so pissed. Now i have all these weird metal ties to hold everything together because of her.....

GRRR>... Anyhow, thanks for letting me vent...
If you're on the ride, you might as well open your eyes!
Banded: Dec 24, 2004

Wyo_Stacy

#28 Post by Wyo_Stacy »

I have also had problems with the assistant at my office. On two different occasions I went in to have a wire fixed so that it wasn't poking me. Both times she knocked a bracket off. After both teeth moved back to where they were two years ago, I asked the ortho to put the brackets back on (he wasn't going to do anything about it). Then he told me "You need to stay away from whatever you ate to knock those off." I promptly let him know that I didn't do it. I have not knocked any off and I too have eaten most things on the "no-no list."

aedon

#29 Post by aedon »

I haven't lost any yet, but I've only been braced for 6 weeks.

I eat most of the no-no foods, except for gum, but I do it very consciously and carefully so I'm hoping I don't run into problems. I always thought that the rules were designed for kids who aren't careful when they eat... I find that I can eat anything without damage or destruction as long as I do it slowly.

Shawnie

#30 Post by Shawnie »

None so far in six and a half months. Fingers crossed, you know how once you say something, then it happens!

Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06