Will the Rotadent toothbrush help cleaning teeth with brace?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

jane2

Will the Rotadent toothbrush help cleaning teeth with brace?

#1 Post by jane2 »

I use Sonicare electric toothbrush to clean the teeth. I am considering buying a Rotadent clectric toothbrush. Will it help in cleaning between the teeth while on brace?

Thank you very much.

Leslie022

#2 Post by Leslie022 »

I use Sonicare as well and I love how clean it makes my teeth feel and look. I've never heard of the Rotadent toothbrush.
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

BraceUrself

#3 Post by BraceUrself »

I have a rotadent & it is BY FAR the best toothbrush I've ever had!! It is incredible & to answer your question, yes it helps clean the braces TREMENDOUSLY! I highly recommend getting one!! :D
Spacers-9-19-05
Top Braced-10-03-05
lowers on-10-17-05
appliance installed in mouth 10-17-05
2 extractions on 8-3-06
2 years treatment time

Dr says I won't finish on time

WoolieBagLady

#4 Post by WoolieBagLady »

I purchased the Rota-Dent from my ortho and LOVE IT! Mine came with a few different brush styles that work great for getting under and around the brackets. You get that "just from the dentist" feeling when you use it. I was also told by my hygenist that the rotary action has been proven to be much more efficient than others.

nita

#5 Post by nita »

I also got the Rotadent from my ortho and I love it. The brush heads that are made specifically for braces work soooo well, they get into all the spaces under the wire and work very well to clean my crowded lower teeth.

As a plus - my husband's dentist recently recommended that he use the rotadent, so he is now using it too and loves it just as much as I do. The brush heads are really easy to change, so we can share the toothbrush with no problems.
Top brackets and spacers on 2/17/06
Molar bands on 3/6/06
Extractions and full braces 3/27/06
Update: 22-24 months total time in braces!

jane2

#6 Post by jane2 »

Thank you very much for all the responses. I just ordered the Rotadent electric toothbrush online. Your responses helped me make the decision.
I really appreciate it.

lilleth

#7 Post by lilleth »

Yes yes yes, it is worth every cent. My ortho included one with my initial "care" package, and although I don't think I'm doing a very good job of flossing, he and his staff always compliment my efforts. I love it so much I bought one from his office for my husband.