crowding

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Xcentric

crowding

#1 Post by Xcentric »

I got braces because of an open bite and crowding of my upper teeth. My bottom teeth are not so bad. I did end up with braces on the top and bottom. My bottom teeth feel like they are being squeezed together. It is very irritating. Is this normal? I used to be able to floss between my four bottom front teeth with no problem. Two months after braces I have to force Glide between these teeth and some nights it just doesn't happen. My 1st adjustment is 4/18 (10 weeks). I will be repeating all of this to the ortho. I just want to know if I am just paranoid. :?
Lady Xcentric

Braces on February 9, 2006
Two Extractions April 20, 2006
Tongue bar added December 19, 2006
Next Appt. February 1, 2007

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I don't think you are being paranoid. Things usually get worse before getting better. Your teeth have to move a certain way in order to make room for other teeth to move so the crowding is most likely normal...but yeah, mention your worries to your ortho. You could even call and ask. :)

Good luck.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

nimo

#3 Post by nimo »

I have crowding on uppers and lowers, and my lowers definitely squeezed together more when I got braces. I have two teeth that will not allow floss in between them, not even Glide floss.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Xcentric

#4 Post by Xcentric »

Now that I know that I am not paraniod. Maybe I wont stare at my teeth so much. I appreciate the imput.
Lady Xcentric

Xcentric

Extractions...

#5 Post by Xcentric »

Since tuesday I have been in and out of the dentist and the ortho. Tuesday was my first adjustment. I was told that I needed extractions earlier that expected. So the ortho had the techs take the bracets off of the teeth that needed to be removed. Then on Wednesday I had my 1st cleaning since the braces. The hygenist said that should pat my self on the back for being able to keep my teeth so clean. Then she went to get the doc to make sure that I didn't need to be refered to an oral surgeon. Well he said that he could do it and I was told to come back the next day. On thurday I went back and had both upper bicuspids removed. I was suppose to go to class today but I dealt with way to much this week. They let me keep the teeth and they look really gross. That is all for now.
Lady Xcentric