First adjustment today!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LizzyG

First adjustment today!

#1 Post by LizzyG »

I went for my first adjustment today :D

My ortho said he is very pleased with my progress, and that my teeth are starting to unravel nicely :thumbsup:

They took some photo's, and the ortho tweaked the wire a bit in various places and that was it! The ortho also said that I should be ready for new wires next time and he scheduled my next appointment for 6 weeks time (this one was 8 weeks after getting my braces put on).

I'm pleased that I'm getting slowly nearer to that goal of straight teeth!

Damon 3's upper and lower - 10 February 2006

Saycheesenikki

#2 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Very cool Lizzy- Glad things are going smoothly for you. How does the new wire feel? I get my 1st adjustment 5/11 & Im totally looking forward to it. Scared & Excited. I havent had any pain so far so Im intrigued on how the adjustment feels.
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Saycheesenikki

#3 Post by Saycheesenikki »

oops I thought you got new wire already sorry :oops:
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

ingyandbert

#4 Post by ingyandbert »

I went in for my first cleaning in early March and the ortho thought I had made "dramatic" progress. I wasn't quite as impressed as he was. He added some stops to my same wires and within a few days my teeth started moving faster again. He said it was a way of getting maximum use out of my first wires and I think he was right because the improvement was really noticeable. A few weeks later, I got my 2nd set of wires and I'm still seeing really good progress. (If anyone is interested, I'm in Damon's.)