No One Warned Me!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Nikkiekoala

No One Warned Me!

#1 Post by Nikkiekoala »

Today is Easter. Traditionally for Easter dinner we have Prime Rib, Baked Potatoes and Asparagus with Hollandiase sauce. I was really worried about trying to chew Prime Rib but I should have been more concerned about the asparagus! Boy that stuff is caught on every hook, bracket and wrapped around the wires! Dinner was 5 hours ago and I am still working on getting all the asparagus out and off my braces. I wont do that again!
I hope you all had a great Easter!

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite
**My Website: http://nikkiekoala.efx2blogs.com/

Nikkiekoala

#2 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I steamed it. It tasted wonderful but didn't enjoy it tangled up in all the metal. I love asparagus but maybe I should stick too the tops only until I am out of braces.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

I'm drooling at the thought of your dinner! Prime rib.....yum!

I love asparagus, too. I haven't tried it since braces, so maybe I should go out and torture myself!

JoeMama

#4 Post by JoeMama »

Yes - your dinner sounds great! I eat asparagus all the time too. I'm in Damons, like you, and have never had trouble? I usually cut it up - I'm not sure if this will help you. I also don't cook it very long, normally just a couple minutes in foil on the the grill (with some lemon). I'm getting hungry... Ummmm prime rib! :D I like these food posts!
Damon 3s. On 2/15/2006. Off 2/21/2007!
Essix on uppers, Hawley on lowers.

Bianca

#5 Post by Bianca »

One word... or is it two?

Water Pik!

This amazing thing has been a total lifesaver for me as I eat various things. No matter what I eat, no matter how gunked up my braces are, a minute or two with my water pik has everything washed out!

:)

It's pretty gross when you eat a salad or something at lunch, brush afterwards, and then waterpik when you get home from work and discover that there was more lettuce tucked back there somewhere.

I love my waterpik!

:)

It's a two year process.......

Lyn

#6 Post by Lyn »

Bianca I couldn't have said it any better!!! Life without a waterpik is just..............well, ya just gotta have one!!! And if you don't have one yet - - - it is worth the investment! Believe me. I just wish they made a little pocket sized one, so that I could take it with me wherever I go!! :lol:
One word... or is it two?

Water Pik!

This amazing thing has been a total lifesaver for me as I eat various things. No matter what I eat, no matter how gunked up my braces are, a minute or two with my water pik has everything washed out!
~Lyn
16 months in BRACES!
Ceramic Braces on top 7/3/05
Metal Braces on bottom 10/25/05
OFF 11/8/06 - Now in Essix Retainers 24/7

Nikkiekoala

#7 Post by Nikkiekoala »

I do have a waterpik but asparagus really wraps around wires like nothing I have ever had. Spinach is a close second to impossible to remove food catagory.
I LOVE my waterpik tho'. A real life saver for most things.

Braced Aug. 11th 2005
Damon 3's
Crowding
Crossbite

lionfish

#8 Post by lionfish »

I think we are "waterpik challenged" in Oz, KK. :(

Spinach....yes....up there with salad and alfalfa for wraparound ability.

Chris

#9 Post by Chris »

Isn't it ironic that the foods we think will be difficult aren't and the things that you wouldn't consider are.

Oranges and pineapple for insistence.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007