repairing a chipped tooth & braces

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

objectinspace

repairing a chipped tooth & braces

#1 Post by objectinspace »

Is it possible to do this procedure while wearing braces or do the brackets intefere?

akabraces

#2 Post by akabraces »

I actually have the same problem, 4 chipped teeth actually b/c of my bite, so I've been told to wait until AFTER i get the braces off, since my bite will be better then..but I don't know how large your chip is, etc.

Good luck!

*aka

jennielee81

#3 Post by jennielee81 »

This happened to my daugher. Her front upper tooth was chipped before braces and she broke the bonding off during braces treatment.

The dentist who did the restoration said she'd need the bracket taken off (just that one) so that she could use the plain of the tooth to reshape the new bonding material.

We called the ortho about this and though he was willing to remove the bracket, he told us that she'd be out of the braces in about 6 weeks so with my daugher's agreement, we waited for her to be debonded and had our appointment with the dentist for the same day and she had the tooth fixed immediately after debonding...went well!
"Life is an occasion; RISE TO IT!" --Mr. Magorium
I wore Damon 3's and Opals for 20 months at age 42. Braces off January 2007
http://www.archwired.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=3535 a little more about me here: http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/co ... 961130.htm