It's Official!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

perfectangel818

It's Official!

#1 Post by perfectangel818 »

Well, it's official. I have my Damon 3s! it was really pretty uneventful. I went to the dentist and got my fillings done, which wasn't too bad, just uncomfortable. When it came time to go to the ortho, my lips were still numb. I went back and sat in a chair and she polished my teeth (felt like sandpaper.. yuck) put the brackets on my molars, and put the dreaded lip retractor in. She put a Qtip with pinkish stuff on each tooth, grinding the stuff in, then buffed? it off, then water and air. She put the last brackets on, zapped it, put the archwire on, and said come back in 10 weeks. I got some awesome things in a goody bag, and was on my way. I stopped at my sister's work to show off my new metal, and then at my dads. I stopped at my kids daycare to pick up my daughter (son was home with daddy because he had his tonsils taken out tuesday) and went home. My husband and I realized we didn't have anything for dinner, so I went to get take out. I got a baked potato with pot roast, carrots, and gravy on it.. all went well except pot roast was stuck in braces. But sucking got it all out. So far so good. It's about 5 hours after the fact, and my teeth are sore. Not sure if it's from the fillings or the braces, so i just got done taking advil, and hopefully that will help. Also, my dentakit came in the mail today.. wooohoo. So I'm set to go to work tomorrow, yuck. Now I wonder why I planned a mexican food day at work.... <sigh> I'll get pics up soon.

Stacy :D
Stacy

pedouard

#2 Post by pedouard »

Congrats!!! I know I will feel the same way as you, excited to have my braces on. I am getting the damon 3's also. I have a question for you I have read a coouple post that have said the damons make your lip poke out a little, I don't know if I believe that, please let me know? any who congrats on taking the step and best of luck to you can't wait to see your pics!!
having braces is a huge step, feel proud of yourself that you took this step to better your self!!!!!

perfectangel818

#3 Post by perfectangel818 »

pedouard,
I don't think it sticks out very much... my lips don't meet very well, unless i do it on purpose... i spent 10 minutes trying to get a pic, I'll have to have my husband take a pic so i can show them to you. I've had no rubbing or anything though. no need for wax at all, and the ortho assistant said i probably wouldn't need it.
Hope this helps!
Stacy
Stacy

perfectangel818

#4 Post by perfectangel818 »

After I read that I realized it wasn't very clear... my lips never meet unless i do it on purpose.
Stacy

alexa

#5 Post by alexa »

Congrats on getting wired! :)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

Grin&bareit73

#6 Post by Grin&bareit73 »

So glad to hear everything went well. I too am getting the Damon 3's on the 24th and i can't wait.

Did you get upper and lower, and how long did it take? My appointment is for 2 hours and am wondering if it will really take that long? I can't imagine having the lip things in for that long and not going home looking like Mick Jagger! (The Stones still rock.. :wink: )

Also, did you get any bands with the Damons? Sorry, I'm full of questions now that i'm down to the final four!! Must be my nerves
[/url]

"Smile; if you can't lift the corners, let the middle sag..."

perfectangel818

#7 Post by perfectangel818 »

Grin&bareit73,
I just got my top arch done, and no bands (thank goodness) But on my bottom I will. I won't get the bottom done until july or august. The whole process only took about 30-45 mins, and maybe half of that did I have the lip torture devices in. They really aren't that bad and were bareable. Feel free to ask any questions, I'm so excited about all of this still, I can't wait to show my braces off tomorrow at work!

Good luck on your final count down!
Stacy
Stacy

perfectangel818

#8 Post by perfectangel818 »

Well, I think I will need bands on my molar where I have a crown... not sure.
Stacy

perfectangel818

#9 Post by perfectangel818 »

Well, as promised, here's a picture. Not the best picture, but I'm photographically challenged. :D

The space that you see has a plastic tube around the archwire to make sure that it stays open because there are 2 teeth back there hiding. But anyway, enjoy!
Stacy