Why do teeth move so fast/why do we need them on so long?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ingyandbert

#16 Post by ingyandbert »

Yes, it's entirely normal to have to move aligned teeth out of line temporarily.

Tunkabean

Re: Why do teeth move so fast/why do we need them on so long

#17 Post by Tunkabean »

gypsyinamorata wrote:I just had my braces put on about 6 weeks ago - I've noticed that my teeth have moved and they almost look perfect already! I've noticed from peoples' pictures that theirs seem to move quickly into almost perfect place too. So why do we have to have them on so long? Is it because all the little adjustments take awhile?
wow......today I went to my dentist for adjusments and I had the exact same question. Ive been braced about 7 weeks as well and my teeth are straightening fast. The dentist himself was really pleased and a bit amazed at the quick progress. I just have my canine (rider) to bring down now that enuff space has been created & one premolar to align.

This is just for the top jaw...the bottom jaw will remain braceless.

Kazan

#18 Post by Kazan »

Thanks for your reply KK. Appreciated.

And -amazingly for England - the sun is actually shining today and it's almost the weekend so my mardy mood has lifted!

Kazan