Have my consult in the morning

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Bluemoonjo

Have my consult in the morning

#1 Post by Bluemoonjo »

Yesterday (18th) I had my final dental work done.

Feel like mouth is going to explode (sorry). It was hard to get the impacted wisdom tooth out, it was sitting sideways in my jaw. Don't get me wrong, there was no pain, or head jerking while he was getting it out, it just took longer than a normal extraction. I haven't had trouble with other extractions so I ws lazy about ice, now I'm all swollen up.

Its been 4 months getting all this other work done.
It is just for a treatment plan and a price quote.
Then they'll make another appt for the x-ray, molds, and whatever else they do. In about a month, need this extraction area to heal first.

I'm nervouse and excited about going. I'm afraid they'll qoute some crazy price I won't be able to afford.

Any advice on questions to ask? Or things that I should look for to be included in the price?
Links to threads would be great to, I'll try searching but I'm never good at it for some reason.

I know I want and need to ask about these and cost ... anything else
a perm retainer
whitening afterwards
if they take pictures and if they will share so I can post LOL
Mama Jo

Bluemoonjo

#2 Post by Bluemoonjo »

Well I started about 6 months ago, saw several dentists and orthos.

Decided to go with this one because he can do everything... dentist/ortho/ take my impacted wisdom teeth out.

Others only did one or the other and wanted me to see a oral surgeon for the wisdom teeth.

This guy is local to, so really no gas cost (45 minutes to the next big town)

I had two wisdom teeth extracted. One was half out but stuck on the tooth next to it. I hadn't been able to afford dental treatment before. So it also had a cavity... and was painfull. It came out a month ago.

Yesterday I had the other taken out, it was sitting sideways and pressing on another tooth. It was totally under the gum, but sometimes painfull.

All that I saw agreed they needed to come out.

I also had a crown put on, 6 fillings and a cleaning over the last 4 months.

So now my mouth is considered healthy, so starting the braces appts.
Basicly work that needed to be done either way ykwim

From what I understand he'll make a treatment plan, give me price, go over everything that day in the office, and send me everything in writting by mail.

Before all that I saw just gave me "yes you will do well with braces" "$4,500- $5,00" and "you need to get all the other work done first".

I'm missing a few other teeth(4). I couldn't afford root canels and crowns, they where painfull, and I could afford the extraction :(
So I'm worried about those, if the other teeth can be moved or if I'll need implants. All are back teeth.
Mama Jo

Bluemoonjo

#3 Post by Bluemoonjo »

Well ..... They are supposed to be mailing me all the info, detailed treatment plan, everything included in the cost, payment plan details, everything it sounds like.
Says I should get in a couple of days, I'm guessing the first of the week since it was already Thursday.
If I have any questions or want to chnage anything I can call and talk about it.

18-20 months for treatment

Top right he can move the teeth enough to fill a gap I have
Top left will need a bridge
Bottom left will need a bridge
Bottom right will need an extraction

The most disappointing news was, If everything is affordable they don't have any openings till Augest. :x

I was hoping to get them in the next month or so :(
Dh says maybe it is supposed to happen this way so I can save extra money if needed, for the down payment.

I started seeing him in Jan, if they knew appts, where out that far I think they should have made one then ykwim

But I went ahead and made the appts Aug 3 is the records and Aug 17 the actual bracing.
Mama Jo