Clear ligatures

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Cultureicons

Clear ligatures

#1 Post by Cultureicons »

I'm so confused about all this braces business, basically I want my braces to be as non-noticable as possible but I can't afford ceramic and such so am just getting normal metal braces.
Is it possible to get clear ligatures, or tooth coloured ones with the metal braces? (I'm not even sure I am talking about the right here...)
x

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

Yes it is possible to get tooth or lear ligatures on metal braces although it wont make them that much less noticable and they have alot of staining issues. Maybe damons are a possibility as they dont use ligs.

lionfish

#3 Post by lionfish »

KK wrote:
My tooth coloured powerchains have turned fluro green in two weeks
That's about how long it took my ligs to go green. But for me a life without curry is a life without sunshine. Ditto red wine.

drazda

#4 Post by drazda »

I always get clear ligs on my metal braces, and I don't have a problem with staining. If they do get a little yellow, its barely noticeable since I have metal and not ceramic. Maybe it's because I don't drink coffee/tea/soda/wine or anything of that sort.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Shawnie

#5 Post by Shawnie »

I've had silver ligs on my bottom metal braces. I really can't see them at all. It all just kind of blends in with the metal.

Good Luck
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06

kirst1583

#6 Post by kirst1583 »

I've had silver ligs on my bottom metal braces. I really can't see them at all. It all just kind of blends in with the metal.

Good Luck
Shawnie
I agree. Mine are silver/grey ligs at the moment on my bottom arch (metal brackets also) and you can't even tell they are there unless you look real closely!

Shawnie

#7 Post by Shawnie »

Hi bracedagain,

I have wire ties on my top ceramic braces, which I really like. But as far as the bottom metal braces go the silver ligs are fine with me on the metal. I think they also go on and off a little quicker than the wire ties.

Also once they put a wire tie on one wayward tooth on the bottom, and silver ligs on the rest and I couldn't really tell any difference. I think sometimes they don't want to use wire ties. Otherwise I would have thought they would have used all wire ties on my bottom. I think they were trying to apply a certain force with the wire tie that they may not have been able to accomplish with a lig.

Take Care
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06