Stained Ligs Clear Again?...

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Kourtney Kitty

Stained Ligs Clear Again?...

#1 Post by Kourtney Kitty »

I got my braces put on 3 weeks ago and the clear ligs stained a nasty yellow green color. Well, to make a long story short, I just brushed my teeth extra hard and my ligs are almost clear again. I used Aquafresh Extreme Clean toothpaste Empowermint flavor w/o whitening. I'm sure they will stain again before my 1st adjustment so I'll make sure to take before and after pics next time.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?
Kourtney Kitty = Geek Girl = Brace Face! Whoo Hoo!

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

My ligs stain a bit but once its stained, its permanent.

I think I might try that Aquafresh toothpaste!! :)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Kourtney Kitty

Pics

#3 Post by Kourtney Kitty »

Ok, I ate a hamburger for breakfast this morning (yeah I know, breakfast of champs LOL) and the mustard stained my ligs. Here are some pictures that support my claim. Sorry about the quality, they were taken with my camera phone.

Here is the before Pic....

Here is after! - A lil stained but not nearly as much!

This only works when I use the Aquafresh Extreme Clean w/o whitening toothpaste.

Oh well, I'm grateful for it because stained ligs make my teeth look like pieces of corn! LOL
Kourtney Kitty = Geek Girl = Brace Face! Whoo Hoo!

Shawnie

#4 Post by Shawnie »

Thanks for the tip on the Aqua Fresh Toothpaste. I used to use it before braces and really liked it but I didn't know they made one w/o whitening.

My Ortho advises against whitening toothpaste, so I think I'm going to have to go out and buy some of this Aqua Fresh.

Thanks,
Shawnie
Braced - 10/04/05
Treatment - 30 to 36 months
Ceramic uppers, Metal lowers
Impacted canines-Crowding-Crossbite
6 baby teeth!
Canine exposure surgery of two teeth 3/29/06
2nd canine exposure of one tooth 11/15/06