Expander pushing a tooth down grrr?!?!?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SamanthaClavier

Expander pushing a tooth down grrr?!?!?

#1 Post by SamanthaClavier »

its the tooth between the tooth teeth with the bars on/raped around them.its like the bar that goes from one tooth to the next is pushing it down,so now i got one tooth longer on oneside than the other,when i bite my mouth does shut b/c of that one tooth,its the 5th tooth from the front.....anyone else having this problem.i am starting to worry :(

i took a picture but i DOUGHT you can see what i am talkiing about lol

the right side.... :(
here is a picture after i got it put in not good but i guess you can get an idea of a before picture?!?!? LOLcam was going dead of i would have took a side view of each side

SamanthaClavier

#2 Post by SamanthaClavier »

oh yea hahaha,he said at my last apt i would stop turned the key in 10days and i would see him on the 10th to LOCK?!? it in place,then they would leave it in for 6months?!?!?! i swear he said 3months to begain with grrrr and they would put braces on the front to start closeing gaps....i see him again on the 26th or 27? my husband is getting braces also..... our apts are so close LOL,anyway i was wondering does this sound right?

i also asked how he was going to get the expander out of my mouth he said the would cut parts or it out and then break the seament lose?!?!? i cant spell worth a whoha lol sounds a bit scary to me,on top of that i need a tooth cut out on the right side (i dont even see how its there it feels as if it would be on the other side...)

Indy

#3 Post by Indy »

It's difficult to tell by the picture but you should probably talk with your ortho just to check.

In regards to the time, I have a pendex which is similar to what you have. Mine is just pushing my molars further back into my mouth, but has expanding capabilites. Anyway, I was told I'd wear it for 3-5 months, but some have had to wear their expander longer than that. It depends on how fast your teeth move and how far they have to go. Remember, it's just an estimate.

SamanthaClavier

#4 Post by SamanthaClavier »

its on the right side of the pic,i took another

thats from the front its been 7weeks with the expander