WHY ISNT ANYTHING HAPPENING??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

meesoo100

WHY ISNT ANYTHING HAPPENING??

#1 Post by meesoo100 »

hey guys, i had elastics put on my teeth last week but to be honest i havent noticed much change and i only experienced minor pain the first couple of days. has that happened with anyone here. do some elastic treatments take more time than others?

Dark_angel

#2 Post by Dark_angel »

Last week wasnt all that long ago and it will take longer to get results. If this is your first time using elastics your probably only using weak ones to get you used to wearing them and in that configuration. I started off using 5/16" and im now using 3/16" and ive seen a big change and they feel alot stronger too. Be patient orthodontics dosent happen overnight and if by your ext adjustment you've still seen nothing try asking your ortho when you should start to see results from this configuration, what it is doing and how long you will need the elastics.

Joanna20

#3 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey, I have a friend who started her orthodontic treatment 2 months ago, almost three months now and she hasn't seen anything much happening either; I suppose it's normal, the first time I had braces it took me 2 months or more to notice any movement.
Good luck and hang in there,
Joana

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

meesoo100

#4 Post by meesoo100 »

thanks guys :)

kirst1583

#5 Post by kirst1583 »

One thing you need to consider is what the elastics are being used for.
I can't say I really noticed the change with mine, because it was such a slow and progressive thing. Looking back now though I know they must've worked wonders because I no longer have an overbite.
Hope what i'm trying to say has made sense! lol
Be patient and just think of the end result .. you'll get there in the end. :wink: