Changing elastics

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Tin Man

Changing elastics

#1 Post by Tin Man »

Just a quick question - My ortho started me with elastics today and I was wondering how often ya'll change yours.
Mike
3M smartclips top and bottom since 10/13/04
Off November 06!

KJM

#2 Post by KJM »

I wondered the same thing. I forgot to ask when I was in the office yesterday. :oops: I was just surprised b/c they had told me that I wouldnt get them for a while so I wasnt expecting them yet.

I have been changing them in the AM, and after eating a meal ( so 4-5 times a day)

Boy oh boy I am sore today! I have been poppin the Advil every 4 hours to keep the pain down. I hope in a day or so I am back to normal.
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

lesdents

#3 Post by lesdents »

I was told to change them every time I eat or whenever I felt they were no longer nice and tight, since they lost their elasticity.

I do change them when I eat, but also after 5 or more hours, because I don't think they're pulling much after that. I just sort of feel them to test how elastic they are... hope this was helpful.

Right now I have an elastic from top molars to bottom front teeth. Fun!

R-A-M-O-N-E-S

#4 Post by R-A-M-O-N-E-S »

i change mine everyday
Braced Sept-27-05

LoobyLou

#5 Post by LoobyLou »

I have been told to change mine twice a day so I do so after breakfast and when I go to bed...I've actually got so used to them that it feels weird without them!
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*