Pic of my Damon 3s

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

perfectangel818

Pic of my Damon 3s

#1 Post by perfectangel818 »

Ok, I've had my braces for 5 days now. So I thought I would post a clear pic. After I spent an hour or so of trying to get a good pic and then editing it, I realize I had something on one of my teeth. I SO am not trying again! Oh, well, it is the life of braces I'm finding out. I know most people say that their teeth aren't that yellow, but I'm afraid mine are. After ortho treatment comes either veneers or whitening, though I'd rather not have veneers. Oh, and bottoms aren't included in this pic because they don't have braces yet.

Sorry about the pic size, I tried making it smaller, but it didn't quite want to work. :(

Stacy

perfectangel818

#2 Post by perfectangel818 »

oops! hang on and I'll make it bigger. lol
Stacy

perfectangel818

#3 Post by perfectangel818 »

Let's try this again....
Stacy

Flora2006

#4 Post by Flora2006 »

Hey, looking good! Those brackets are really small! I love the fact that they are half clear have metal...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

blondie111

#5 Post by blondie111 »

WOW! Those are awesome! Wish I could have had those! I have ceramics on top front 6, but they are much bigger than those. Make me feel like I have super buck teeth! :roll:

Congrats on getting started... and a great reference to look back on once your smile is gorgeous!!!!

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!

starryadora

#6 Post by starryadora »

those look great! :)

perfectangel818

#7 Post by perfectangel818 »

Thanks for replying. In response to Blondie and KK's conversation, I've not experienced them sticking out further. My front teeth stick out more than the rest (my mouth is basically a V shape) and they've not been hard to get used to at all. But I'm proud of my braces so it's not like I'm trying to hide them. I've used some advil, but no wax, no need for salt water rinses because they're not rubbing at all. So I HIGHLY recommend them.
Stacy

perfectangel818

#8 Post by perfectangel818 »

Err.. I feel like I need to appologize to KK. I did not mean to sound so b#%$hy or rude or like I was discounting what you said. I was just saying that I personally are not trying to hide my braces and since my lips don't meet together without braces unless I'm trying to make them, the size of the brackets don't affect me. Also, I'm using Listerine and Act for the health of my teeth and gums, which was recommended by my ortho and dentist. So the salt water sounds like a great time but by the time I alternate Listerine and Act there's not really room for another rinse unfortunately. So I was just trying to give my personal opinion/experience as limited as they may be. :D
Stacy

blondie111

#9 Post by blondie111 »

OK, I didn't know the Damon 3's stuck out farther...... but that's great that they don't bother you perfectangel! My brackets stick out quite a bit but slowly, I will get used to them. It's better now than it was 2 weeks ago, so I am doing OK. Although, I do like the look of them... smaller!

I havent' had to use wax too much, although I probably could if I wanted to. And have yet to do the salt water rinses. I keep forgetting to try it!

Glad you are happy with the Damon's, Perfectangel! Hope your treatment is also as great! :lol:

I'm 32 and will be in braces for almost 2 years!