Local stores to sell wax? where to buy??

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

Local stores to sell wax? where to buy??

#1 Post by poloaa »

My braces is may.12, i wonder why i can't find wax in the local stores (such as walmart or target), do they carry in CVS?? thanks.

WhyMe?

#2 Post by WhyMe? »

I got wax at the grocery store (Albertsons). I think it is made by GUM and mint flavored. All of the wax was hanging up with the dental floss. I'm sure it's available at Walmart and Target.

HTH

Flora2006

#3 Post by Flora2006 »

I agree with WhyMe?... The wax I find is by GUM...it's kind of a small package so look carefully because you might have missed it. I think Wal-Mart does carry it...I'm not too sure but a drugstore should have them.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

texasangel

#4 Post by texasangel »

Yep - Walmart has it - I just bought 2 packages of the GUM brand yesterday. I paid .97cents each.
It is a little softer than the wax I get from my ortho, but it still does the job.
I'm sure Target and CVS has it too, but EVERYTHING is cheaper at WALMART !!! ha ha

Good Luck !
Braced on 1/10/05 - full metal- woo hoo!!
Braces coming OFF 5/31/06 !!!

missingu

#5 Post by missingu »

All the CVSs in my area sell orthodontic wax - generally the G-U-M mint flavor.

josephine

#6 Post by josephine »

Also check this site (archwired.com) for wax and other supplies.

Leslie022

#7 Post by Leslie022 »

I work at Wal-mart and we do carry orthodontic wax. (Yes, almost every Wal-mart carries the same thing!!) It's on the toothpaste isle with the dental floss, picks, etc. Look for a green package with the GUM label!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

joygoss

#8 Post by joygoss »

My ortho says you should never have to buy wax while you're in braces. You should be able to get as much as you need for free from the ortho, since they usually get tons of it for free from sales reps. You could always ask yours if they give it out as well. Good luck!

ingyandbert

#9 Post by ingyandbert »

I don't like the free wax I get from my ortho. It's too hard. I like the GUM wax because it's softer and easier to work with. I had a hard time finding wax, too, in the beginning. Many of the chain drug stores don't sell it, which I found totally ludicrous. I filed a written complaint with Eckerds because the store closest to my house told me they "weren't allowed" to carry it. They said corporate orders everything for every store and the individual stores have no say in what goes on their shelves. That turned out to be BS. I received a letter from corporate that told me each store can order whatever they want and the stores are encouraged to special order products requested by customers. The letter also said corporate had instructed my store to begin stocking dental wax. Sure enough, a week later there it was on the shelf -- for $2.50. In the meantime, I found a mom-n-pop pharmacy that sells GUM wax for 85 cents, so I bought them out. Now I've got a nice big stock of wax and have it stashed in both bathrooms at home, in my office at work, in each of our vehicles, and in just about every purse I carry. Wherever I am, I have a container of wax at my fingertips.

cactus

#10 Post by cactus »

I'm another one who uses Mack's Pillow-Soft ear plugs as a substitute