What are you most looking forward to?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Brooke

What are you most looking forward to?

#1 Post by Brooke »

I was wondering what everyone is most looking forward to once unbraced. What is that one thing that you think of when your going through this whole ordeal?

For me, it would be taking pictures. I remember growing up and taking pics with friends and family. It would be so awful to look at those pics and see my crooked teeth. I have a wedding coming up in June, and I'll be able to actually smile and feel happy about it. Also, getting ready to go out and looking in the mirror before braces was hurtful to me. I remember putting on makeup and seeing how bad my teeth were. It made getting ready not worth it to me. Now, once they are off... I'll feel so happy to get ready and be able to smile and feel confident. It makes it all worth it. What about you?
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

alexa

#2 Post by alexa »

Biting into an apple! :D

...and of course, feeling good about my teeth for the first time in 10 years wouldn't be half bad either! :wink:
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

pucca26

#3 Post by pucca26 »

I want to eat pizza :-((
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

Hello Kitty

#4 Post by Hello Kitty »

Hi Brooke- I'm right behind you on the removal date!
I'm new here- I came across this site looking for what to expect when the braces are removed. I wish I had found this place two years ago!
What I'm looking forward to~
I 2nd that... Biting into a apple, the simply don't taste as good when you cut them up!
Flossing like a normal person and it not taking 1/2 an hour!
Throwing away all the packages of rubberbands!
Not having to worry about what I'm eating, and if it will get stuck in the braces.
Pictures! Yes- whenever I took a pic, I'd hope my smile wouldn't come out looking like I was missing a tooth- one of my front teeth was pushed back before the braces, and that tooth always looked like it was missing- argh!
Just the feeling of ""aaaahhh" no more metal in my mouth!
:D
Braced~ 06/30/04
Removed~05/23/06

nimo

#5 Post by nimo »

I miss sandwiches (biting into things isn't impossible, but it feels too weird to do). I can't wait to not hide my mouth when I'm talking/laughing/smiling.
Braced on 17 Feb. 2006.
Five teeth extracted on March 9, 2006.
Canine exposure: February 7, 2007
lefort 3 March 7, 2008
TPA April 22, 2008
2 years 7 months in braces
braces off September 17, 2008

Samantha08

#6 Post by Samantha08 »

I totally agree with you! The pictures will be the best! I have a wedding coming up shortly after my debanding date (hopefully) and it'll be great not having to worry about it!!! Im going to be a bridesmaid so thats really what Im looking forward to. I already was Maid of Honor in one wedding since I've gotten my braces on, and I felt somewhat awkward the entire time! :(
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

lionfish

#7 Post by lionfish »

Right now not having to surreptitiously remove gigantic food particles from braces in the middle of a dinner party.

Pucca26, I ate pizza 3 days after being braced. Go for it!

Betty Bat

#8 Post by Betty Bat »

A cheeseburger. On a bun. Without having to cut it up into little pieces to eat it.

Leslie022

#9 Post by Leslie022 »

Earlier this evening, my mom was brushing her teeth... She walked into the living room (still brushing her teeth lol) and I was so jealous! I can't wait until I can brush my teeth and KNOW that every bit of surface is clean!!!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top

hannah164

#10 Post by hannah164 »

I'm looking forward to feel good about my smile in pictures! I hate taking pictures! I always look back on my smile and hate it! After braces, I will have a beautiful smile that I can be proud of in pictures, hopefully! :wink:

I also can't wait to be able to eat a caramel apple! And corn on the cob of course and all the other little things that we're not supposed to eat, even though I do, but after braces I won't have to spend 10 minutes cleaning it all out! :roll:

THe cleaning routine will be so much easier after braces come off too! And all the pain associated with adjustments and just the usual aches and pains that come with having braces, I won't have to deal with anymore! :wink:

~HAnnah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

Chris

#11 Post by Chris »

I look forward to the day I won't be THINKING about my teeth or mouth or whatever is going on inside there!

I will be FREE !!!!!!!!!!!! Thank God, Almighty, FREE AT LAST !!

:banana: :-)o :banana:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Brooke

#12 Post by Brooke »

I agree Chris. I am tired of worrying about teeth. Now the next big worry is waiting a week for my retainer! YIKES! :shock:
*Usually the longer roads lead to more rewarding endings*

Braced~ 10/11/04
Braces come off May 2, 2006!!!!! :)
Hawley Retainer full time!

butterfly

#13 Post by butterfly »

I look forward to do the things I could never do:

1. Eat roasted corn on the cob (pieces got stuck in my gaps)
2. Munch pop corn in the cinema (dito)
3. Smile on a picture!!!

#3 will hopefully be very soon! I will smile as soon as the gap closes (even with braces still on)
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

ingyandbert

#14 Post by ingyandbert »

I'm just looking forward to seeing my teeth look their absolute best. I already eat pizza, sandwiches, popcorn, and 98% of all the stuff I did before braces, so my diet hasn't changed hardly at all. I don't mind the cleaning routine; I don't really think it about it much and I've gotten pretty fast.

ingyandbert

#15 Post by ingyandbert »

I'm just looking forward to seeing my teeth look their absolute best. I already eat pizza, sandwiches, popcorn, and 98% of all the stuff I did before braces, so my diet hasn't changed hardly at all. I don't mind the cleaning routine; I don't really think it about it much and I've gotten pretty fast.