early movement

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Timaaa

early movement

#1 Post by Timaaa »

I have had my braces now for about 8 days. I have already noticed some movement among my teeth, which is awesome. I had a couple of teeth that slightly overlapped on the corners, and certain teeth that were once touching each other not have a slight amount of space!

Is this common to notice movement after only a week?

Joanna20

#2 Post by Joanna20 »

Hey when I had my 2nd molars extracted I noticed movement in 2 days, without any orthodontic appliance! Just the teeth naturally shifted back, so don't worry! That can only be good!
Joanna

Next Ortho. consultations: Dec. 26 & January 16
Next Higienist consultation: February

ingyandbert

#3 Post by ingyandbert »

Nope, not uncommon at all. I saw movement right away, too. I've had my braces for 12 weeks and my teeth are very close to straight already. I only have a couple of teeth that need slight movement to be straight.

jaswi

#4 Post by jaswi »

These are the kind of posts that keep my feet warm, thanks.

bckydgardnr

#5 Post by bckydgardnr »

When I first got my braces I couldn't close my mouth. I was really worried, thought my ortho did something wrong. So, I called the office and they said that my teeth would move in the first 24-48 hours enough to allow my mouth to close. Sure enough....So, can they move quick? Absolutely! I usually see the most movement within the first day or so after an adjustment.
Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

MATEO'S

#6 Post by MATEO'S »

you know i have had my braces on for alittle over 2 months and my teeth look straight, i have one more little gap to close..good luck with your treatment..mateo's p.s im only supossed to be braced for 12 months :D

Kodius Champion

#7 Post by Kodius Champion »

I've had mine on now for 5 days, and I've definately seen some movement. I have a front tooth that needs to come slightly forward and a lateral incisor next to it that needs to go back. As of the past day or so, I now have a nice gap between those two that wasn't there before -- I can whistle air through it. :shock:

I really hope this is one of those "it gets worse before it gets better" deals. Hopefully, this is just making room for that front tooth to come ahead.