2 year anniversary!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

hannah164

2 year anniversary!

#1 Post by hannah164 »

Yesterday, April 28, was my 2 year anniversary of becoming a metal mouth! :dance: I can't believe I've made it this long! Not like its flown by or anything, not at all but whatever! :roll:

I know that I'm nowhere close to being through with my treatment but we are making progress! WE've brought down two impacted teeth, closed gaps, are closing extraction gaps, and are leveling teeth! My treatment has been pretty slow as my ortho is still trying to figure out what to do with me! :shock: I mean I'm his most complicated case, as he never fails to remind me! :roll: And we're almost fully braced, just waiting for one stupid impacted tooth to come down! :? The Last ONE! :shock: HAven't even started working on fixing my bite but I know we'll get there, eventually.... :wink:

I am happy with progress I've made and am very happy to have finally made it through 2 years! :D Although I'll have many more braced anniversaries to celebrate! :roll:

~Hannah :frogbraces:

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

Congratulations on your two years! Glad you've made a lot of progress, hope the rest of your braced time flies by.
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

pucca26

#3 Post by pucca26 »

Happy Anniversary!!!
How long is your estimated treatment time?
Can't you post pics?
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008

Samantha08

#4 Post by Samantha08 »

Congratulations!! How much longer do you have to go??
Estimated Time: 15-18 months

Chris

#5 Post by Chris »

Congratulations, HANNAH!

I'm 2 months short of 2 years.

I know what its like being a "difficult case". Everytime he looks in my mouth, looks at my chart, and pauses to ponder. :roll: I wish I could read his mind, hopefully its not thinking "what did I get myself into, and how can I get rid of this patient!" :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Flora2006

#6 Post by Flora2006 »

Congratulations Hannah on hitting the 2 year mark!! :-)o

Hang in there and I hope that impacted tooth starts moving fast!!

Good luck with the rest of your treatment.

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Evelyn

#7 Post by Evelyn »

congrats Hannah!!! Great stuff for sticking it out this long

Hang in there!

~Eve
Braced September 9, 2002
Debanding: JULY 5!!!!!!!!

alexa

#8 Post by alexa »

Congrats on the second anniversary! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

jas_2008

#9 Post by jas_2008 »

Congratulations!!! wow, two years, looking back it must have gone by pretty quick! .... looking forward is another thing :wink:

Pirate Wench

#10 Post by Pirate Wench »

:-V congrats on making it to the 2 year mark. I hope the rest of your treatment goes well. Looking forward hearing about your progress and the remaining anniversaries to come.

Pirate Wench

#11 Post by Pirate Wench »

:-V congrats on making it to the 2 year mark. I hope the rest of your treatment goes well. Looking forward hearing about your progress and the remaining anniversaries to come.

momof2grlz

#12 Post by momof2grlz »

Way to go for making it 2 years! Here's hoping the worst is behind you and things progress quickly in the future.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

CLAmom

#13 Post by CLAmom »

Wow, way to go! Do you have any tips for staying positive? I have some issues with patience. :lol:

Ceramic upper & lower 2/22/06--3M Clarity

"Ever notice how instant gratification takes too long?"

Clo

#14 Post by Clo »

Hi,

Congratulations from me too ! You know, I am just a bit behind you, as
tomorrow, it is my turn to have this second anniversary. And as my bite
is still very bad, I guess I'll have more anniversaries too. So maybe we
could organize this game who will reach the end line first ...

Best of luck, Hannah, with the rest of your treatment !

hannah164

#15 Post by hannah164 »

Thank you everyone for your support and congratulations! I can't believe I've made it this far but I've still got so much further to go! :roll:

No, I'm sorry, I can't post pics! I don't have a digital camera, and I'm technologically challenged! :lol: AT my consulation, my ortho told me that my estimated treatment time was 4+ years but a few weeks ago he told my dad that I was nowhere close to finishing in 2 more years and that he wasn't even going to try to give me an estimate for finishing! :shock: :(

Chris, Congratulations on almost making it to 2 years! :wink: The "difficult case" thing can get a little frustrating! :? Most of the time only my ortho works on me because the assistants don't even have a clue what to do with me! :shock: He always takes like a good 5 minutes to look in my mouth and then seems really confused about what to me! :roll: Gets a little old!
Good luck!

CLAmom, Well, it was really hard to stay positive when everyone else is seeing great progress and mine is so limited and slow! :roll: But I tried to focus on how beautiful my smile will EVENTUALLY be! :lol: Just try to stay positive and not focus too much on your braces! :wink:

~HAnnah

Top braces: 4/28/04
Bottom braces: 11/16/05