Dry mouth

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

braces4me

Dry mouth

#1 Post by braces4me »

Has anyone else experienced their mouth drier than normal since braced? It seems like since I got braced my mouth is always dry.

invisagirl

#2 Post by invisagirl »

Well I've always had a dry mouth because of medications but there is a new product out there called Oasis mouthwash that I've had good luck with so far. There are special toothpastes, gums, mothwashes, etc for people who are experiencing dry mouth and although their not cheap they do help.

2.6 years (30 months) with Invisalign plus 19 months 2 weeks with metal braces to achieve the perfect smile.

LUV2SING

#3 Post by LUV2SING »

Last night I had a gig at one of our local bars. It was my first time performing since I got my braces. I had the most horrible cotton mouth! My lips did not want to slide over my braces at all. I was so uncomfortable and really self conscious about it. Everyone in the band had a dry mouth. It wasn't just me, but I had a devil of a time with the extra hardware in my mouth. I just wasn't expecting that to happen. I think I'll be taking some dry mouth rinses with me next time I perform. I got through the night and sang my butt off!! I think I was trying to overcompensate due to being self conscious about my braces. I can tell you one thing, these braces are not going to keep me from doing the one thing I love the most.

x3trinity

#4 Post by x3trinity »

My mouth is very dry since I got braces. I find myself licking the top of my braces with my tongue just to get them a little wet. And if I talk to someone for a long time, my top braces feel funny.....like your teeth feel when you first wake up in the morning, Yuck! I don't know, maybe it's just me!!! :?

"God's love is always with you, God's promises are true."

braces4me

#5 Post by braces4me »

x3trinity wrote:My mouth is very dry since I got braces. I find myself licking the top of my braces with my tongue just to get them a little wet. And if I talk to someone for a long time, my top braces feel funny.....like your teeth feel when you first wake up in the morning, Yuck! I don't know, maybe it's just me!!! :?
That's pretty much the way mine is. Guess I will try out some of those rinses. Can't hurt.