Does ortho usually give us any discount?????????

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

starryadora

#16 Post by starryadora »

I just got Damon 3's and my husband is getting them too...My ortho rocks and gave us a 20% discount on my husbands braces;)

*~Currently retained in:
-Upper and Lower bonded retainers
-Upper QCM Hawley
-Damon Splint (night)
-Postitioner (as needed)

~*Orthodontic Assistant*~

Melancholyrose

Ugh

#17 Post by Melancholyrose »

I am paying $4400 for metal, would have been $200 /per jaw extra to have clear ones. Only discount offered was if I paid in full , which I can't do.

I don't think it's fair that dental insurance doesn't cover adult ortho :? I mean REALLY as much as some dental/medical insurance costs (like ours), I think they should at least pay part of it. :roll:

edgezbaby

#18 Post by edgezbaby »

mine got a discount of 10% if being paid infull. i only paid around 5600 compared to the 6300

ScottB

#19 Post by ScottB »

My ortho gave me an option to just straighten the teeth - estimated 9 month. Then if I wanted to work on the bite that would be an additional 6 months especially if we needed to do extractions. BUT - the price was the same even if I opted not to work on the bite. However in the 5 months since I've been braced my ortho actually thinks we may be close to being done straightening AND bite. So I asked him if I can get a credit since we may be done in about 1/3 of the time. He actually said bring the subject up the next time we adjust. So how about that? I've often wondered why they flat fee their service vs. a pay per treatment type of arrangement. I also told him i've got 2 kids who'll be in to see him soon enought so he'll get my money one way or another!

poloaa

#20 Post by poloaa »

I already signed my contract, so i don't think i can get anymore discount...= ( too bad.