GOT CERAMIC BRACES TO CLOSE GAP IN MY FRONT TEETH!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

shrek

GOT CERAMIC BRACES TO CLOSE GAP IN MY FRONT TEETH!

#1 Post by shrek »

Hi Folks,
Great website. Got my ceramic braces on 20th April. Top teeth for the moment. My problem is the gap between my two front top teeth. I was told it will take approx 8/10 months wearing the braces to fix the problem. I long to be able to smile without feeling so conscious. I am 32 years old so better late than never I guess. It did take a few days to get used to but slowly getting used to them. He will fit the bottom brace on my next visit. Can you tell me if what type of floss should i ask for in the pharmacy i.e. is there a particular one or can i use any brand.
Also is there anyone on this site that have got braces to close gaps in their top front teeth would love to hear from you.
Will invest in an electric toothbrush after reading all of topics about toothbrushes. must rever to rinsing mouth is saltwater as i was good the first few days but have slackened off now. So any tips or advice you can give me I would really appreciate it. Here in Ireland now there is no website for adults wearing dental braces so this site has been great!

Nille

#2 Post by Nille »

Shrek,

Welcome and congrats! I will get my braces at the end of the month. I have small gaps beteween all my top front teeth. Nothing major but the Ortho also told me it would take around 8 months to close those gaps. I have crowding on the lower arch and he said those would probably look straight within 2 weeks. I guess it's harder to close gaps than open the crowding. I found that interesting!

Good luck on your journey!
Full metal mouth! 5-23-06
Estimated time: 12-18 months!

Pirate Wench

#3 Post by Pirate Wench »

Welcome....nice to see another newbie on the site.

I don't get my braces until June 15th, but I have been lurking and posting on this site for probably about a month. I have really enjoyed being able to ask questions and get responses from "real" people with braces.

Good luck with your journy.

sedona

got ceramic braces to close gap in my front teeth

#4 Post by sedona »

Oh, yes, this was me 8 months ago......
I obtained my orthodontic consultation with this very goal in mind...
Given the prognosis of 6-9 months in braces, I happily entered my journey...
Now, 8 months in, and much wiser, I recognize that 18 months is a much more realistic "sentence".
The gap between my front teeth was merely a symptom of many other issues that I had yet to discern.
And while I know that my ortho (likely) had full knowledge of the (horror of the) true situation, I am actually grateful that he provided me with the optimistic viewpoint in order to get me into treatment.......

Leslie022

#5 Post by Leslie022 »

Welcome <b>Shrek</b>! I'm so happy you found this site! It is a great place to share your stories and come for support when you need it!

I'm not sure what kind of floss I use...I don't use it often :oops: I mostly use my waterpik.

An electric toothbrush will be a great investment!!

If you want, you can check out My Story! I started with a huge gap between my front teeth. I've included many pictures! Check it out!
Braced: Jan. 17, 2006
Removed: Oct. 26, 2006
Fixed bottom retainer
Clear Essix Retainer on top