yay my lower expander came off yesterday!

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

ren

yay my lower expander came off yesterday!

#1 Post by ren »

Hi, I'm so excited that my orth finally took my lower expander (but I think he called it a lingual archwire) yesterday!!!! It feels sooo good to have the bottom of my mouth back! This is the first time in my life that I can feel smooth, straight teeth on the bottom! I had to adjust a little to speech (I was hissing like a snake with my s's)-but I'm free of it! Well, halfway free-hopefully next month is the upper expander! Darn, looks like I'm going to go to 20 months with that thing on. One down-one more to go!

I can't even imagine how excited I'm going to be when all of my braces/appliances are out!

Renee

ren

#2 Post by ren »

hey KK-Thanks for your encouragement! I'm hoping that this is the last part/s of my treatment!

good luck w/your treatment also!
Renee 8)

BlueeyedManda

#3 Post by BlueeyedManda »

Ren-
I am soo excited for you. I bet you were over-joyed! Were you expecting it to come out or was it more of a surprise? I

shinyam

#4 Post by shinyam »

:-)o

Congrats, ren! :) Let me know when the big one comes off. :lol:

Azalin

#5 Post by Azalin »

20 months with the upper? Man, I feel really sorry for you. I had mine for 6 months and it was terrible.

But congrats on getting the lower taken out! :lol:

SamanthaClavier

#6 Post by SamanthaClavier »

wow,20 months YIKES i hope i dont have mine that long (othro said 3-6?!?) i am thinking the younger the faster it works? i donno LOL,i always think while they are talking then i get home and remember to ask questions :(

Indy

#7 Post by Indy »

I agree with Azalin!!
I've got my pendex in (only moving upper left molars back) and I'm ready to get the roof of my mouth back LOL. The first 2 months didn't hurt AT ALL, but made a nice gap :GapToothed: Then, I went in yesterday for my 1st follow-up and I need more space so my wire got tweaked and the pain is kicking my ass!!! :-(( Can't wait for this part of treatment to be over with! Looks like I've got another 2 months to go then on to braces.

Definitely make sure you have a water pik.
Good luck with the upper! :thumbsup:

ren

#8 Post by ren »

Hi, sorry I've been so long!

BlueeyedManda-yeah it was a great surprise! I actually made it to a last minute appointment and he was like, "well since you're here and it's bugging you-I think I'll take it out". :D

shinyam-I'll let you know when the big one comes out-as well as the rest of the board. I'll try to contain my excitement with the exclamation marks & smilies!!

Azalin-yeah unfortunatley it's been that long and I have a feeling that it's not coming out for at least another month or two :( I'm really getting sick of it really bad lately. I want the roof of my mouth back! thanks for the kudos :)

SamanthaClavier-yours will probably be in the time that they told you it would be in. I kept asking my orth and he kept saying "a very long time"...that's definitely more than 3-6 month talk. I just had a major crowding and crossbite and yes, I'm older and this is probably why it's taking so long. I'm getting better at asking questions at the orth's office-I've had a bit of practice! Of course the same question I keep asking is "when's the big one coming out"....

Indy-thanks for the luck. Yep I have a waterpic and that's helped alot. I still remember the expander pain-not fun! It'll be worth it though. Wow-this is the first time I heard about a Pendex!

Renee