Anyone getting braces in May?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

kelly3077

#16 Post by kelly3077 »

Yes, I will be getting my braces on May 12, 2006. I am soooooo excited. :D :D :D

Kelly

Fran1988

yeah 9th May

#17 Post by Fran1988 »

Hey My braces (on the upper) go on, on the 9th (this tuesday)....

Fran1988

yeah 9th May

#18 Post by Fran1988 »

Hey My braces (on the upper) go on, on the 9th (this tuesday)....

bckydgardnr

#19 Post by bckydgardnr »

My son got his braces yesterday! Woohoo!!! He is 13, and he is so cute trying to talk, and eat. (I know you're thinking 13, cute...but he is my son and I still see him as my baby) He keeps saying, Mom is it supposed to feel this way? But he is also very excited. I overheard him on the phone last night telling a friend and it was like he had gotten a new Spam spam spam tra la la....spam spam spam game, but it was braces. Funny!! :D

Gardnr
bckydgardnr
braced 1/18/05

SamanthaClavier

#20 Post by SamanthaClavier »

awww that is cute!

Skinny

#21 Post by Skinny »

Hi I will be getting my Top Braces put on May 11th :roll: Im really scared because Im a BIG Weenie.
Im 29 and have had 2 children and Im scared to get Braces crazy huh? hehe
Im 30 Female
TMD, Crowding, Overbite
Clear on top Medal on bottom
Beauitful smile wishes to Everyone!
Skinny

nerdcore

#22 Post by nerdcore »

My x-rays and molds were taken earlier this week. Also got spacers put in. I'm getting used to the pain since it comes and goes. I'm just more worried about accidentally pulling/brushing one of the spacers out (is it even possible or am i just paranoid?). Braces go on on the 15th!

photochick

#23 Post by photochick »

I just got braced this morning. It wasn't bad at all. I had my ipod with a humour audiobook and things went really smooth.
Only now are my teeth and inner mouth starting to g=feel it all. No pain No gain I say...or hear beautiful people saying anyways....
[/url]

straighter-teeth

#24 Post by straighter-teeth »

I was braced on Tuesday and haven't had any pain. The only problem is the braces rubbing on the inside of my mouth and it feeling a bit sore. But I've been waxing my whole mouth at night :lol: and rinsing with salt water. I'm sure it will get better.

gappy

#25 Post by gappy »

You have four days to go =)
I get mine on in june...

Gennel

#26 Post by Gennel »

I go in for my first consultation May 8th . Since I'm putting the initial down payment on May 8th. My treatment should deffinately begin this month also. I just hope I feel ok around May 14th for Mother's Day! If I have my extractions around Mother's Day . Either way I will go through anything the ortho does because I don't want to delay my treatment any longer. I know my hubby will be extremely supportive and will buy me all the Smoothies and Ice Cream I want for these days lol

I can't wait to have a deffinate date for my brackets to be put on!! I will post it here as soon as I find out.

Gennel

Shae32

#27 Post by Shae32 »

Hi! I got my braces yesterday, May 5th. It was fine. I did begin to feel things a little last night.

But this morning, my goodness, the bottom teeth woke me up! It wasn't really painful, just annoying. I felt like someone was pulling or pushing on my teeth.

I have ceramic on top, and they are fairly comfortable. I have speed (not quite sure if they're Damon, or another brand) on the bottom. I feel those a lot more then the top. But then I only have 4 wired together on the top...

Good luck to all of those who's appointments are this coming week.

Will have braces put on May 5, 2006.
Upper Ceramic, Lower Speed.

ssfw

#28 Post by ssfw »

Anyone else getting braces in May?

ssfw
Quad-Helix expander: 1/20/06 - 1/16/07
Upper braces: 5/19/06; lower braces: 9/7/06

Braces removed: 8/19/08
Received retainer: 8/26/08 - wearing retainer 24 hours/day

Next appt.: 11/18/08

mizzdee

#29 Post by mizzdee »

hi guys i'm getting brace tomorrow may 12ht..i can't wait!!!