I got only 2 spacers this morning= )

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

poloaa

I got only 2 spacers this morning= )

#1 Post by poloaa »

It wasn't so bad so far, i still eat my sandwich when i get back home because my appt was 7:15am and i did not eat anything before i left home, i just got two spacers put on the upper molars, thanks god and i feel ok, except got some spongy feeling when i bite down. The total time was just like 20 seconds, fast and quick and my braces will be put on next friday morning at 7am. The assistance who did the spacers to me said that i won't feel sore until tonite. = (
Thanks.

Po

Fran1988

#2 Post by Fran1988 »

Not bad is it? As u may know i had mine in yesterday afternoon, but i dont think they hurt one bit, well last night they ached a little but i took some paracetamol and they were fine. I have also now got into the habbit of playing with mine with my tounge :lol:

Felt a tad wierd eating for the first time though :lol: but i know it s gunna get wierder.

poloaa

#3 Post by poloaa »

Fran1988, lol, i also have a habbit to play it w/my tongue as well, i m afraid they will fall out when i chew my food.

poloaa

#4 Post by poloaa »

My left one is already fell out this morning, too bad, and the ortho office won't be open in this area until wed and my braces is friday, should i wait or what?? I tried to floss that area after the spacer was out, then i feel the "differences", not as tight as before within one day!! amazing. anyone who has the spacers out, what did u do???

Fran1988

#5 Post by Fran1988 »

my ortho said to me not to worrie if mine fall out, he also told me not to pick at them lol. I dont think they will mind about them falling out beause after all they are only plastic. I wouldn't worrie about it for the moment but when they open back up on wednesday just phone them up just in case they want to put them back in before next friday.

How you finding them any way??

Did it hurt when it fell out :lol: Do you think it will hurt when they pull them out?

poloaa

#6 Post by poloaa »

Fran1988, i don't feel any pain at all, so lucky, what about u? u doing great?? I did notice that i swallowed part of it when i chewed my beef yesterday, lol. Thanks for your replies, i will phone them on wed, have a great weekend.
Po

Fran1988

#7 Post by Fran1988 »

yeah so far they seem to be going ok, had a little problem earler, you must have have realised by now that when it's time to eat, (quite disgusting as it might sound :lol:), it kinda gets mushed in to them, well as you do, you try to hook it out with your tounge but i kinda tugged on one of them and kind of moved it, so a little achey...again where as it moved it is applying a little more pressure on my teeth. Other than that i dont seem to feel them. All going good :D:D:D

Well i am glad that i could help. Have a good Wkend too :D

Let me know how you get on, on wed.

3 days to go until my tops get braced :?

afrederick

#8 Post by afrederick »

I got spacers at first too and when one of them popped out, I just put it back in myself.
Pain is inevitable; misery is optional.