Here's my dodgy bite! (pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

LoobyLou

Here's my dodgy bite! (pics)

#1 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi all,

Here are my most recent pics (taken today in fact) and I wanted to share them to show you how awful I think my bite and midline is. I have had my braces for a year now and my ortho doesn't seem bothered about correcting my midline but I'll be realy unhappy if it's left the way it is. Take a look and see what you think...

Top teeth too far to the right - bottom teeth too far to the left.

Top arch - quite nice shape but surely it wouldn't be too hard to shift them round to my left, would it?
Bottom arch - just wrong!

Do you think there is any scope to correct my midline? I know sometimes it's not possible :(

Love LoobyLou xx
Braced: 22nd April 2005
Type of brace: Damon 3 uppers and lowers
Estimated brace time: 18 months - now extended to approx 22 months

*Latest - now I have no idea how long it will be!*

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

I am not an expert by any means....I don't even have my braces on yet.....but I totally agree with you. Your midline is way off. I would ask your ortho again about fixing it if it is going to bother you. I know I would want to have a perfect bite and have my midline perfect if I could. You won't know if you don't ask tho....

Good luck :wink:

mtbrncofn

#3 Post by mtbrncofn »

Holy smokes! I'd be pissed if my ortho wasn't doing anything about that. Your midline is way off. This would be something I'd bring up....with feeling!
Full upper and lower metal braces put on May 12, 2005.

Braces free as of April 18, 2006!

Temporarily rebraced Nov. 21, 2006. ( I think I've moved past temporary. )

Brace free again - July 26, 2007.

LoobyLou

#4 Post by LoobyLou »

I'm glad it's not just me- I know how awful it is but when I ask whether he will correct it he says ummmmm, ponders for a bit and says it depends how set the back ones are. At my last adjustment he put a powerchain on my top arch, left side only after I asked again about pulling them round but then when I popped in for him to trim my wire he stuck one on the other side aswell so it's no longer pulling them round to the left. My faith is seriously dwindling and I'm finding the whole process wholly disappointing so far.

I have printed these pics off and will bring them with me next time I go...

LoobyLou xx

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

I am glad you are taking the pictures with you to the ortho. I think you need to ask him specifically what he is going to do to fix this problem.

good luck.

LoobyLou

#6 Post by LoobyLou »

Hi Lucyloop - you're right I haven't posted on here for a while have I? I've been meaning to post pics on here for a while and I've finally got round to doing it. I knew everyone would give me an honest opinion and it's making me more determined to bring these issues up with the ortho.

Thanks guys xxx

Ps Thanks for your polite reference to my 'slightly off' midline Lucy but let's face it, it's awful!!! :shock:

tkais

#7 Post by tkais »

My mid line is off too but that is one of the last things my ortho is fixing. In process right now with only a few shorts months to go. That's the fine tuning he is doing. Good luck!

SmileyGirl

#8 Post by SmileyGirl »

The main reason I have always wanted braces is because of my midline, so I definitely sympathize with your frustration. I'm glad you decided to go ahead and be a little more "determined" with your ortho, since from the way you describe it he doesn't seem very concerned. Good luck! :)
Top brackets: 24 March 2006
Extractions: 21 April 2006
Expander: 28 April 2006

MarkupNorth

#9 Post by MarkupNorth »

I have had my braces on for a year and 5 months and only last week my ortho said he was going to extend my treatment time by about 7 months in order to fix my midline. He wasn't going to bother but has realised my bite is going to be a problem unless everything get's shifted round.

I know have a spring and powerchain combination between two teeth so that a large gap occurs. The next month I think he will move onto a new tooth and so on until everything is shifted over, which is about six or seven teeth worth hence the seven months.

Bit gutted about the extra time but I'd rather it was done properly.

I would post some pics but have managed to break my digital camera on a night out so it will have to wait until I buy a new one. :D

Melancholyrose

midline

#10 Post by Melancholyrose »

Did you have extractions done ? Is that why the midline is off?
I just realized I've never looked at my midline lol.

It's a great idea to take the pics in. I think sometimes the ortho just sees you from one angle and doesn't absorb the whole picture.

Good luck!

Dreamer

#11 Post by Dreamer »

LoobyLou...I've read many times that they correct the midline later on in treatment. I wouldn't worry just yet since you still have a ways to go! From what I understand they have to get the teeth leveled and all gaps closed before they can work on adjusting the midline.
full metal braces 4/26/05~~debanded 12/13/07!
12/13/07 bonded retainers + wrap around hawley