Finally NAKED! (pics)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Jim G.

Finally NAKED! (pics)

#1 Post by Jim G. »

Well, the braces came off today at 9:30 AM. Some of you may have seen my thread last night, I was pretty nervous about getting them off. The entire visit took about 40-45 minutes. The brackets did pop right off as everyone said, not too much pain at all. The polishing of the teeth and getting the glue off was slightly uncomfortable at times, but not nearly as bad as I thought. After they were polished, they took a few X-Rays of my teeth, which they also did before I got the braces on. Then they took impressions of my top and bottom teeth for the retainers I'm getting Monday(still clueless as to what type I'm getting). I wish I had taken some better BEFORE pics, as I really came a long way.

Earliest clear picture I have is Jan. 2005, 4 months after the braces came on.

Here's what they look like today

Couldn't be happier with the results. Previously, both laterals were pushed way back, and both canines were way up in my gums. The ortho said the gums above the laterals should 'raise' by themselves eventually, or they can just trim them, as they come down on the teeth. Also, as everyone was right, my teeth do feel really slimy. Sorry for the long read. The journey is finally over.

:jump:
Braced: Sept. 27, 2004
Debanding: May 5, 2006

JumpTheDitch

#2 Post by JumpTheDitch »

Congratulations Jim! :-)o :-V :jokerlaugh:

I'm glad it all went well for you, you must be over the moon; your teeth look great! :thumbsup:

Enjoy your lovely new smile :-88

momof2grlz

#3 Post by momof2grlz »

Congratulations on your new smile! Enjoy.

Chris
Top Ceramics: 10/11/04; Bottom Ceramics: 02/16/05 DEBANDED: 05/03/07

dbagnell

#4 Post by dbagnell »

Congratuations! Your teeth look great. :) I'm glad the procedure went better than you'd expected. As far as your before pics go, I took a ton but accidently deleted them. Luckily I was able to get my before pics from the orthodontist, though. If you really want them, I'm sure you'd just have to ask. :) Enjoy your new smile!

Braced on 6/23/05 for 12-16 months with top and bottom Damon 3s for moderate crowding, slight class II bite and TMJ.

Pirate Wench

#5 Post by Pirate Wench »

Your teeth look wonderful.....enjoy your naked smile. I am glad your removal went well. :jump:

Once again....congrats :-)o

ingyandbert

#6 Post by ingyandbert »

Now I can say I've seen you naked. Congrats!

BlueeyedManda

#7 Post by BlueeyedManda »

Enjoy your new smile it looks great!!!! I bet after you brush your teeth a few times the slimy feeling goes away. Congrats!

Chris

#8 Post by Chris »

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!

aAAHHHH.. to be among the "naked". :lol:

I've heard others say their teeth felt slimy too. :lol:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

Jim G.

#9 Post by Jim G. »

Thanks everyone! :D

alexa

#10 Post by alexa »

Congrats!! 8)
Spacers: 1/26/05; 2/6/06; 3/15/06; 4/24/06
4 First Bicuspids removed: 2/2005
Metal Braces, top and bottom: 3/1/05; Debanded 7/26/07
Hawley retainers top and bottom

braceface69

#11 Post by braceface69 »

Congratulations! I too just had my braces taken off last week! I'm waiting to get my before and after pics from the ortho to post them up for all to see. But you're teeth look awesome! I got a clear retainer which is pretty nice because you can't tell that I am wearing one unless you are up close to me. Perhaps thats what you'll get getting! Congrats again!

Chris

#12 Post by Chris »

Congratulations! I too just had my braces taken off last week! I'm waiting to get my before and after pics from the ortho to post them up for all to see. But you're teeth look awesome! I got a clear retainer which is pretty nice because you can't tell that I am wearing one unless you are up close to me. Perhaps thats what you'll get getting! Congrats again!
Congratulations to you too !! :-88

So many "naked ones" running amok on the forum these days.

:jokerlaugh:
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

jennandtonic

#13 Post by jennandtonic »

Oooh congratulations! Your teeth look gorgeous!

Jim G.

#14 Post by Jim G. »

braceface69 wrote: I got a clear retainer which is pretty nice because you can't tell that I am wearing one unless you are up close to me. Perhaps thats what you'll get getting! Congrats again!
Yep, I did indeed get clear essix retainers, top and bottom. They felt pretty tight for the first hour or so, but it's not so bad now. The fact that they aren't noticeable is a big plus!

Thanks again everyone! :D