Getting brace in one weeks time

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

countyblue

Getting brace in one weeks time

#1 Post by countyblue »

Hello all,

Just came across this website and have to say - it's great!

I've just gotten brackets placed on my top back teeth and back bottom teeth and next week i'm getting a fixed lower brace. I'll be getting a fixed upper brace place on my upper teeth in a few months to close a large gap and a overbite in my upper teeth.

I'm 26 years old and am so excited that i'm getting something done that I've wanted done for many, many years but never due to numerous reasons!

All I can think of is the feeling when I have a 'normal' smile. Will probably be the happiest day of my life! ha - To someone who hasnt gone through brace treatment, that may seem silly but it's so important to have a nice smile and will be such a relief to me.........Will be like starting again!

Really glad i've come across this forum and i'll keep ypu all updated with my low's and definitley my high's :)

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

Hi :)

Welcome to the board and congrats on starting this journey.

Do you mind if I ask why your ortho didn't but brackets on all your teeth?

See ya around the board ;)

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

Dark_angel

#3 Post by Dark_angel »

Maybe countyblue had bands put on their back teeth, i had my bands put on my teeth two months before my braces went on.

Good luck with your treatment, remember to take some before pics so you can look back when your feeling low and you'll be able to see how far you've come.

countyblue

#4 Post by countyblue »

Flora2006 wrote:Hi :)

Welcome to the board and congrats on starting this journey.

Do you mind if I ask why your ortho didn't but brackets on all your teeth?

See ya around the board ;)
I dont know if brackets is the right name for them?

There like a metal bracket with a little hook on the side? They have been placed on my upper back teeth and bottom back teeth.

I'm actually a little embarrassed to say, i'm not sure why they've been put on?

Can someone shed some light? :oops:

countyblue

#5 Post by countyblue »

Here's a picture of my teeth as they are now.

I've been told by my orthadontist treatment will take 18 months-24 months, I have a feeling it may take longer! :cry:

Anyway be gentle with me!

pucca26

#6 Post by pucca26 »

countyblue You have a nice space to move your teeth, so i don't think your treatment may take so long.
Upper Lingual Braces - On, April 7th, 2006 - Off, August 23rd, 2007
Lower Inspire Ice Braces - On, June 9th, 2006 - Off, January 3rd, 2008