What colour

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Fran1988

What colour

#1 Post by Fran1988 »

Dillema!!, Here's the thing.... 4 days until my top braces go on, and I have just had a brain wave..... What colour shall I have?? Shall i have all one colour, a patern or alternate? Pink, blue, red, green arghhh help!! i know that i can have them changed every 6-8 weeks and all, but if i don't get the right colours the first time round then i fear i will hate my braces and it'll be embarassing. If any one could help with this please do :?

Any sugestions?

perfectangel818

#2 Post by perfectangel818 »

If I got to do colors (which I don't) I would have started with blue of some kind. But most people recommend starting with silver or tooth color, something that won't be noticeable. I wish I got to do colors. lol There's a large post on here where people post pics of different colors, browse that and see what you think. Good luck!
Stacy

KJM

#3 Post by KJM »

Good Luck Fran1988!
The day I was braced I stuck with silver ( boring, yes I know, but with the shock of braces that was all I was wiling to take) It worked out very well for me as I was feeling unsure about the braces. I have metal braces btw.

The second adjustment I went with light blue ( not very noticeable, but cute) the only problem I had was they made my teeth seem more yellow. :( I haven't gone with them since.

Now I alternate, sometimes I am "boring" as my son tells me and I go silver, and sometimes I go with light pink. They look very cute as well and not too bold. I am more conservative I guess, but I am not self conscious of my braces anymore so I would go with whatever I liked.

If your comfortable with colors, go for it! I found that no-one seems to notice colors that much anyway ( other than yourself) If you think you'll feel uncomfortable the first time around until you get used to them, go silver ( or smoke if your going with ceramics as they don't stain but are unnoticeable)

Good Luck!! Make sure to take pics to share!
~*~ Kim ~*~

Next Appointment #14: Feb 26,2007

KJM

#4 Post by KJM »

Here is the link to the thread that perfectangel818 is referring to. I actually posted my pink ligs on there as well. :)

viewtopic.php?t=7057
~*~ Kim ~*~

BlueeyedManda

#5 Post by BlueeyedManda »

I agree, if you are into colors go all out, but the way you said if you pick the wrong colors you may hate your braces....I may stick with the silver or something less noticable. It is all on preference though. I have clear braces on top and after a whole year and a few months I still only do clear ligs on top, but I do colors on my bottoms. I choose this awesome color blue this morning.
Good Luck in whatever you choose. If you are having a hard time, just go with your instinct that morning.

Chris

#6 Post by Chris »

I like the medium metallic colors. The light colored ones like blue and pink are ok too. I started out with red and did not like it.
Top Braces June 2004
Bottom Braces November 2004
Debanded January 2007

jaswi

#7 Post by jaswi »

I know I'm gonna go glow in the dark if the ortho has em.

Dark_angel

#8 Post by Dark_angel »

Glow in the dark is a good choice, although i've heard they dont actually glow in the dark that much.

Fran1988

#9 Post by Fran1988 »

Wow!! thanks for all your help guys if i get the chance for colours my first time round then i think i will choose the Red and Pink inverted just like Meryaten had on the link

viewtopic.php?t=7057

thanks KJM!

Also thanks too KK, the website

http://www.bracesonline.com/elastics.html

is pretty cool, i have spent near on a hour changing and playing around with the different colour combintions :lol:

cheers guys! :lol: Only 3 days to go :? :)

poloaa

#10 Post by poloaa »

Fran1988, i think i will pick silver or light pink on next friday, excited how i will look like and let me know when is your braces put on?

saibass

Colors

#11 Post by saibass »

I too was boring for my first adjustment and stuck with silver. Since I teach middle school, I had been paying attention to what my kids were having for colors. I decided to take the risk at my next appointment. My own boys had often done their school colors of black and red, but I wasn't about to try that....yet! :lol: At my second adjustment last week, I went with a rose color, but it's really more like fuschia. I love it and plan to change more often. No one really notices unless I get obnoxious and point it out to them!

saibass
Just turned 50 with braces!

Fran1988

#12 Post by Fran1988 »

Well thankfully I dont like Curry or drink a lot of caffiene, so hopefully staining will not be too much of a problem for me :lol:

I have now got three days to go +\+ and i am getting a bit nervous. In fact i am getting a bit anxious :lol: Been waiting for this day for over 5years!! :shock:

I think i am definatly going to go for pink and red, they seem like a nice combination, and plus people say red is my colour :-9 :pinkbraces: :-9

I can't wait however nervous i might be :dance:

jennandtonic

#13 Post by jennandtonic »

I went with silver the first time because I didn't think I wanted any crazy colors.

However, ever since my first adjustment I've asked for different colors every time. I still haven't done any light colors yet...because I'm afraid I'll stain it if it's a light color!

I'd go with your favorite color the first time around. It may take away from the shock of seeing yourself in the mirror with braces for the first few times.

Missingorigin

#14 Post by Missingorigin »

Think about what color clothes you wear, the first time i got black so i could match with all my clothes, then i was gonna get red but it wouldnt match when i would wear blue clothes, so i got Metalic Black. pretty cool by the way.

KJM

#15 Post by KJM »

However, ever since my first adjustment I've asked for different colors every time. I still haven't done any light colors yet...because I'm afraid I'll stain it if it's a light color!
I have gone with light pink a few different time and although when the ligs are removed they are not as bright or pretty as they were when they were put on, they don't really stain.
I am a heavy coffee drinker, I Love mustard and I don't EVER think about what I am eating ( in regards to staining) and I have never had any trouble.

Fran1988 are you going with metal brackets or ceramic?
~*~ Kim ~*~