Irish people?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Sarah22

Irish people?

#1 Post by Sarah22 »

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new, have my braces for 6 days. Just wondering are there any Irish on here? Can't remember seeing many older people with braces in Ireland, how do people tend to react to yours :?:

Sarah22

Search

#2 Post by Sarah22 »

Hey, thanks for that, did a search and found a few alright, most seems old though, from 04 and 05 - looking for support in 2006! I'd just like to know there are people here going through the same thing.... I reckon it'd make me more confident about it :oops:

Pablo

#3 Post by Pablo »

Hi there ,,

No problems at all .. As soon as I had them on i started noticing more and more adults in them .. People are fine , I've had no bad reactions.. I'm 14 months into it now and all is goin well .. Surgery around August I think so hoping to be finished very early next year ... Hope all is goin well .

Aine

#4 Post by Aine »

Hi Sarah,

The longer you have your braces, the more you will notice older people who have them also. Additionally, if you have ceramics on the top, they are really hard to notice at all (I have ceramic on top and metal bottoms).

I went to Mexico 2 weeks ago and the girl who sat next to me on the plane on the way to Cancun had just gotten top ceramics.......if I hadn't been sitting next to her, I never would have noticed them. While I was boarding my flight in Mexico to return home, the girl standing behind me in line tapped me on the shoulder to ask about them....she only noticed that I had them because I was laughing with my mouth wide open and she noticed my metals on the bottom teeth!! Imagine my surprise again when she showed me her ceramics!!

I have gotten nothing but positive reactions from anyone who even notices and I love to run into other adults with braces....I always feel and instant kinship!! I am sure there are lots of people in Ireland with braces, you just have noticed them yet! Be on the lookout for me in August, I will be at my cousin's wedding in County Tyrone!

Slan!

shrek

#5 Post by shrek »

Hi Sarah,
I got my ceramic braces on my top teeth on the 24th April Already counting down the days. This is a great website. Great to hear everyones stories and read tips and advice from people in similar situations.
I am 32years old so this was quite a big step for me to take.
I have always wanted a nice smile I have a gap between my two front top teeth so that i why i went down the braces route. hopefully braces will be off in 10 months. only got top braces on will get the bottom teeth done once my mouth has adjusted to wearing braces. first week felt strange but got a little more used to them now. Forever brushing!!
Anyhow as u will see from this site great information avail
UP MUNSTER.

SHREK