A site that shows (brand and clear?!?! braces)

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

SamanthaClavier

A site that shows (brand and clear?!?! braces)

#1 Post by SamanthaClavier »

I cant find one.My husband and myself are getting braces and i have no idea what brand we are getting ?!?!? everyone on here talks about it and we have no clue!All i know if we get the top clear...

Flora2006

#2 Post by Flora2006 »

I'm not really sure which ones I have either :?

I know that with ceramics, there are :

- Mystique
- Clarity
- Transcend

Just google those words and you should get pictures so you will be able to compare. You will also be able to visit their appropriate websites if you google those words...

~~~~~~

Ceramic top braces: January 9th, 2006
Metal bottom braces: May 1st, 2006

jcdamon3

#3 Post by jcdamon3 »

I agree with KK. For sure make sure you understand the difference between self ligating and not. Then go to several consults and pick the ortho that you like best and who you feel you can trust.

It can get quite complicated mostly because treatment plans vary so much. It sounds like you already picked an ortho though since the ortho already had you do extractions? If that is the case, just make sure you do understand the different types of brackets. When I got my braces I went to the ortho consult. The guy was great, no extractions or surgery suggested, a reasonable treatment plan was offered, the price was a little high but the bracket which was self ligating and the only bracket that the ortho offered, is what finally made my decision. I am glad that I made the decision. If I had met this ortho and he had offered regular metal or ceramic braces and another ortho that offered self ligating was not as nice, I would have gone with the orto that I got along with and wouldn't have cared about the brackets or the price. There are days that I wish I had ceramic braces, but to be honest in the long run it is not mattering to me.

Good luck with your decision! In the end, like I said, I doubt that you will care about what kind of bracket you get. We do make decision based on emotion alot. Luckily sometimes when you are married, you have one emotional and one logical person so you balance each other out! :-)

I have the great opportunity to have my daughter who is in regular metal brackets and me in the damons. I get to compare brackets at least a little. She is quite younger and has differnt issues with her teeth, so it is hard to tell whose treatment will end sooner. It will be fun to see who gets them off first.
Braced on 8/05 - Braces off 12/06
Mid Forties!