Extractions and powerchains

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

silkysoul38

Extractions and powerchains

#1 Post by silkysoul38 »

Does anyone know how soon after ewxtractions power chains are added to the treatment? I have three biscupids, one upper and two lower extracted yesterday. very sucessfull!! I go back to the ortho on Friday and was wondering what to expect. I have been rinsing with salt water starting today to toughen my mouth up. Any suggestions on other ways to toughen up?
laverne

Pirate Wench

#2 Post by Pirate Wench »

Congrats on the successful extractions.....hope all contiues to go well for you.

I don't have any experience with powerchains or anything like that yet because I don't have my braces yet. Sorry, but I can't help you out with your question. :(

jas_2008

#3 Post by jas_2008 »

I got powerchains the second day after getting braces, that's 10 days after 4 extractions.... those powerchains haven't bothered me much though. I have four of them.

cookie

#4 Post by cookie »

I've had some sort of powerchain over my extraction gaps since the teeth came out and I got my bottom braces.

However, my ortho has only really been trying to close the gaps since the start of this year.

The first powerchains were only exerting a really light force, so weren't uncomfortable at all.
Ceramic top braces 14 Dec 2004, Ceramic top braces OFF 2 Jun 2006
Metal bottom braces 26 Apr 2005