normal feeling after bracket broke?

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Saycheesenikki

normal feeling after bracket broke?

#1 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Last Sunday 4/28 I left for Va-K & I broke a bracket (bottom left next to molar). I called my ortho first thing Monday morning & told him I am far from home can I wait for my adjustment day? (Im due for 1st adjustment tomorrow 5/11) so he said if Im not in pain I can wait the 2 weeks. Ok cool. I got back Saturday & Im not sure why now but my bottom teeth are throbbing & so sensitive. Is it b/c the one tooth is not attached with the others & caused the other teeth to shift over the past week & 1/2? My lower gums are so tender. Has this happened to anyone? Thanking you guys in advance........
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

Saycheesenikki

#2 Post by Saycheesenikki »

Thanks KK you are always there to answer :D Yeah I will address it to him but Im almost sure thats the reason for the discomfort. Amazing how the littlest thing can throw off the alignment. oh & from last quote about the ligs- I do have clear ligs on, didnt know I had them :oops: . they are the little rubber things around the bracket right? All still new to me :?
3/28/06 8 Spacers
4/6/06 Fully Braced(Ceramics)
7/11/06 3rd Adjustment

Don't Frown. You never know who's falling in love with your smile.

princesspenelope

#3 Post by princesspenelope »

I was just going to post a question about broken bracket. One broke last night while I was asleep, it was the the teeth next to the last also. I only got my braces a week ago, and this is the second bracket that has broken off. The first one broke the night I got my braces a week ago, it was the molar on the other side. And this morning when I woke up and found the second bracket detached, I was a little embarrassed because I thought no adult probably has this problem, but I'm so glad I found this website. My next adjustment is in seven weeks, so I'll call my ortho in an hour when they are open.
May 3, 2006 - Upper and lower ceramics
March 2007 - Elastics for overbite (changed 3 times a day)

princesspenelope

#4 Post by princesspenelope »

Thanks KK.

Both teeth have fillings too. Glad to know it wasn't something wrong I was doing that made the brackets fell off.

Went to the ortho this morning and the tech took off the bracket. She said they will reattach it at next adjustment.
May 3, 2006 - Upper and lower ceramics
March 2007 - Elastics for overbite (changed 3 times a day)

princesspenelope

#5 Post by princesspenelope »

Went to my first adjustment yesterday. The ortho didn't say anything about the three brackets broken off in the past eight weeks (each time just the assistants had me come in for them to remove the bracket each time they were broken), but he has decided to put in spacers and then bands around the three molars with the broken brackets instead. Will get the spacers in eight weeks and the bands a week after that.