How will they move those teeth?? ((Pics))

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

Missingorigin

How will they move those teeth?? ((Pics))

#1 Post by Missingorigin »

What will they move the teeth that are not hooked to the wire yet?, they are behind my other teeth.

The black line is where the wire is at now. it is not touching those teeth.

The red circles are the teeth i am talking about.

How are they gonna bring the teeth forward???

drazda

#2 Post by drazda »

They won't move without the wire. The wire will be attached to the teeth when they are ready. Don't worry!
Braces removed 10 months early on 1/23/07!

Missingorigin

#3 Post by Missingorigin »

How will they attach it?
the teeth are like 3-5 millimeters behind the wire. will they forcefully bring the wire back there? cuz that would bend the wire really bad,.

butterfly

#4 Post by butterfly »

Maybe they will attach them with a rubber band. Click on my WWW button to see pics. I had a tooth that was WAY more behind the rest of the teeth.
Nov 2 05 braced, 1/1/07 debanded & got positioner

Gennel

#5 Post by Gennel »

My daughter has that same situation two of her teeth are far back so the ortho did NOT put a bracket on one of them that was too far back and the other has a bracket but he did not put the wire through it. My daughter asked him immediately after looking into the mirror. I told her as soon as I saw it. They are waiting for the front teeth to move a little that way they can easily put the wire through.the Teeth have to be more apart before that back tooth can come forward. The ortho smiled and told us the same thing. He said I've done way more research than most people he's seen. I told him about this site and he will probably be checking it out.

Gennel
P.S. I have that same prob also especially with my bottom teeth. It is way back, it appears like if I have an extra tooth but it's not.

Missingorigin

#6 Post by Missingorigin »

thanks you guys, i had my first adjustment on may 2nd, but i forgot to ask him. i was too excited about getting red ligs but then chickened out and got metallic black. :)

WhyMe?

#7 Post by WhyMe? »

I have similar teeth and just got braces a couple of weeks ago. I will tell you that they put the wire on the two next to the front teeth and it hurt really really bad! Because the bracket is close to the other tooth due to the positioning in the mouth. He said they were going to change it as soon as the tooth moved a bit.

I also had 4 wisdom plus 4 teeth removed....what a pain in the butt!! But, we're on our way!

Missingorigin

#8 Post by Missingorigin »

WhyMe? wrote:I have similar teeth and just got braces a couple of weeks ago. I will tell you that they put the wire on the two next to the front teeth and it hurt really really bad! Because the bracket is close to the other tooth due to the positioning in the mouth. He said they were going to change it as soon as the tooth moved a bit.

I also had 4 wisdom plus 4 teeth removed....what a pain in the butt!! But, we're on our way!
thanks for the support. lol

my whole braces and extractions process has not been painful for me, my wisdom was a piece of cake, well not including the whole it wouldnt stop bleeding for 24 hours thing. and four premolar extractions were nothing. And my braces have not been painful. I ate two hotdogs and a piece of cake three hours after i got braced. lol.

Raspberry

#9 Post by Raspberry »

Hi MissingOrigin,
My teeth were very similar to yours (the way the crowding is). My two bottom teeth were not connected to my wire till my last adjustment. They were just connected with a wire tie. That wire tie brought them most of the way, and at my last adjustment my Ortho connected them to the wire with a lig, and within a few hours they were lining up in the arch! Hurt a lot, but I was so excited!

If you want to see I have pictures in the link below named "my story".

ren

#10 Post by ren »

I have the same kind of teeth...one of my incisors was actually behind my canine where you couldn't even see it unless I tilted my head up. In my case they needed to do surgery and put a palate expander in...to make the room first and then they were able to bring the teeth forward. Once there was enough space for the teeth-they started to come forward by themselves one at a time. Then when they got close enough to the wire they put the wire on and that brought them forward into my arch. Pretty amazing!!!

This is my before:

This is my now:

ren