getting braced

This is the place to post general questions and comments about all areas of orthodontic treatment. Before you post a question, use the forum's SEARCH tool to see if your question has already been answered!

New Members: YOU MUST MAKE A POST WITHIN 24 HOURS OF REGISTERING OR YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE DELETED. In other words, don't sign up unless you plan to actively participate in the message board immediately. This is necessary to keep out spammers and lurkers with bad intentions. Of course, you can read most forums on the board without registering.

DO NOT POST FULL-FACE PHOTOS or personal contact information on this website. We have had problems with people re-posting members' photos on fetish websites. Please only post photos of your teeth, not your whole face. Keep your email and your personal information private. Thank you.

Moderator: bbsadmin

mizzdee

getting braced

#1 Post by mizzdee »

hey guys!! i've been checking out this forum for a while now....and i love it!!! i'm getting braced on May 12th..i can't wait..i was wondering if there is anything i need to prepare for? thanks guys! i'll have pics up as soon as i get them on.

Fran1988

#2 Post by Fran1988 »

Ah good luck mizzdee!

I got braced on tuesday top and bottom metals. I was really nervous and scared, when i got there i was shaking pretty badly for some reason, i was told to take deep breaths. any way i got it done and i do not know why i was soo scaired! It was painless, it was a breeze. I think the best i can recommend is to just relax! oh and make sure you have plenty of pain killers becasue you will feel tender in the evening. So a liquid diet will need to be on the menu for a few days after. I am currently on chicken soup as it is the only thing i can eat lol Good luck... Let us know how it goes :D

mizzdee

#3 Post by mizzdee »

thanks guys for the replies i can't wait till friday!! i'll keep you guys updated. thanks!!

Raspberry

#4 Post by Raspberry »

YAY MIZZDEE!
You're getting braced on my Birthday! If that isn't good luck I don't know what is...hehehehehehe :-)o
Good Luck on your big day. Take some Advil a bit before you go in, that really helped me.